cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Order Capacity in Daily Bucket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using daily bucket planning in SNP. In r/3 we have multiple operation for a Finished goods and are CIF'd to APO as SNP PDS.

Std function: Each operation is taking one bucket. I have 3 operation and order is scheduled for 3 days.

Requirment: To schedule multiple operation for a product in one day. I have tried pooled capacity, but will not meet the requirement. Because each workcenter has material specific speed.

Is there any other possible solution to solve this.

Eg1: If I create multilevel BOM. Can we generate capacity for all the dependent requirments on the same day.

eg2:Does the lead time off-set in BOM(r/3) function also available in SNP.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another suggestion:

Have (1) operation in PPM with secondary resources used for the other operations.

This will have operation 1 taking 1 day duration and the other operations (using secondary resources of operation 1) consuming capacity only...

But you would have to either modify the PPM creation to do this via user exit or have 2 differnt routings: 1 for SNP to do this and 1 for PPDS to schedule correctly.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy/Ken,

Thanks for the information. Can you please elaborare little bit more. Did you use multiple operartion with different workcenter in routing and then summarised to one Mode/activity in PDS while CIF'g the PDS. OR after CIF'g the PDS you did the enchancement in APO only.

OR

Did you use Multilevel BOM to achieve the same result(Lead time offset for components will not work in SNP Heuritic & CTM)

Basically all the dependent capacity requirment must fall on the same day, since the lead time to manufacture is one day using all the resources.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi - in the routing there are multiple operations with different resources (sometimes same resource may appear in different operation then capacity is summed). This is CIF'd into APO and collapsed in the inbound SNP PDS CIF BADI enhancement into one operation/one activity with one mode for each resource. We even had secondary capacitites involved as well. You could perform the collapse in the R3 PDS CIF enhancement instead of in APO. All dependent cap reqs start on the same day but may extend longer than a day. This works well in heuristics so I imagine it will in CTM, just remember to enhance the explosion to correctly calculate the capacities of all resources.

Regards

Andy

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I honestly don't think there is a solution for CTM for this...

I will think about it and let you know... SNP Heuristics and SNP Optimizer has additionality settings, but I am not aware of any for CTM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for the reply. All the proposals are deviating from the main requirment. Let me put this straight again. Order must be scheduled on the same day(demand date)for all the levels of Bill of Materials with correct capacity.

We are using CTM engine.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi - I have been at clients with a similar issue not using CTM but heuristics instead. We have enhanced the SNP PDS to collapse down to one operation and one activity with all resources in modes within this structure. Because of the nature of SNP using one resource per activity for planning, we had to enhance the explosion to correctly calculate each resource consumption. There is no problem with SNP to PPDS order conversion. This is running in 5.0 and 7.0. I imagine that CTM would work the same way, perhaps the explosion or capacity calculations may occur in a different spot.

Regards

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use badi CUSLNTRTO_ADDIN on R/3 side for this.

Activate method CHANGE_CIF_STRUCTURES, in which you can define fixed duration for each activity (field DUR2).

For example, you can define an additional dummy operation with teardown activity only. In your badi, specify that teardown activities shoudl have a fixed duration of 1 day, and all other should be 0.

That way total duration fo your order would be one day.

Only implement that change for SNP PDS.

Rds,

Stéphane

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only real option is to have each operation take 0 days... then all 3 will be schedule on same day.

But the answer depends upon which SNP Engine you are using. Each engine behaves differently and uses different settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Each operation has different resource and order is getting scheduled for multiple days. As suggested by you , I can't use bucket offset or period factor. I need to calcualte the correct capacity requirment for all the operation and on the same day.

R/3 supports but SNP doen't support.

Instead of multiple operation, I'm creating multilevel BOM(dummy) to generate capacity requirement for all levels on same day. But system creates an offset of one day for each level of BOM. For example. If the FG required date is on Friday, the first level component of BOM is scheduled for Thurdsay. The second level component is scheduled for Wed and so on.

I have set the proper lead time offset for the components in R/3 BOM. Is there any other data we need to setup?

We are on SCM 7.0 and we are using PDS.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please don't answer questions randomly... It makes no difference the type of resource.

A "mixed" resource can be used by both SNP and PPDS. The functionality is the same.

SNP schedules every operation in daily buckets.

So if an operation takes 1 second, it will still be scheduled for a whole day.

Now the bucket offset / period factor (Depending upon which version you are using) will determine if SNP schedules the operation at all. So you can set a % of the bucket. If the operation takes less than that % of the bucket, SNP schedules the operation as ZERO buckets; if the operation takes longer then a % of the bucket, SNP schedules the operation as a whole bucket.

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues, we are facing a similar problem in our implementation, we would like to remove Setup Activities in SNP. So we would like to make a test by setting the bucket offset / period factor quantity, but I can't find the bucket offset /period factor fields,
where do we set this %, at the Optimize profile, SNP Basic settings, resource?

Thank You very much

regards,

Gonzalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Above you mentioned the possibility to set a specific %-value for the bucket, use ZERO buckets and whole buckets defined by this value and this way configure what operations will be sheduled as 0 or 1 day. If we want to set 12h (50%) for example as the threshold value, where in can this be done exactly?

I could not find the the answer from the discussion, so please clarify.

This would be very useful to know for the SNP scenario we are facing.

thanks.

Regards,

Heikki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Is the SNP resource that cifed across available as "Single mixed" or "Multi Mixed" resource. I hope you have ensured that. Check the cif setting for resources in TA CFC9 in R/3. Please clarrify the same.

Regards,

Kesavan