cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Error Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using file to idoc scenario. In this if any error occured in the processing I want to sent back the error to the end user with out using Mail Adapter in XI. Can any one give me how to send the errors to the end user.

Thks and regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bhavesh/konal,

Use of BPM's may not be effective when you send many idocs and in that case we go for batch processing for idocs and trigger rbdstat report and idocs are not processed online in that case and design may not work..

Go for the option I gave you..which can be helpful..!

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Konal,

First,How do you want to reach to the enduser?

Do you want to send a mail with attached error file?Or do you want to dump the file into a shared file..?

Please elobrate ur scenario so that we can recommend good design decisions!

If you want to send errored idocs ..I would say configure SAP connect on the endsystem and let any ABAper trigger the e-mails to the enduser....

If you want to dump files as the files are not very huge ..try FILE ABAP API's...you have several reports FTP..USE THEm..I feel that is better idea and more easy to achieve!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konala,

<i>sent back the error to the end user with out using Mail Adapter in XI</i>

How about creating a structured error message which has specific fields like error description, error id, etc which are posted into the jms queue with the help of a udf that is defined during the mapping..?

Since we are currently using this approach, if you are interested, i can help you with more details

Best Regards,

Sushumna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can use XI s Alert framework to trigger Alerts / Mail whenever any error occurs in any of your scenarios.

To create alerts , this blog can help you out,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

From SP14 onwards, activation of end to end monitoring is not needed for Alerting. Refer to this note 870232 for this info.

Do let us know if you need any further info,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushumna,

I want to send a file to the end user when ever error occured. That file contains details as you said like Error ID,Error Name,etc. in a structured manner. Give me details pzl.

thanks and Regards,

Konalal.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use a BPM with

Receive -- to receiver a file

Transform -- For Mapping

Send -- to send the IDOC

Surround the Transform and Send step with an Exception Block and then have a Send Step in this exception block wth which you can send the file to the external system whenever an exception occurs while sending the IDOC or while doing your mapping.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>I want to send a file to the end user when ever error occured. That file contains details as you said like Error ID,Error Name,etc. in a structured manner.</i>

are you talking about a file or a JMS message?

well, if it is a JMS message that you are interested in:-

first see if the values to be entered in the error message can be hard-coded or will they be changing for every instance of the interface.

to post the error message into the jms queue, write a user defined function which will directly post the message into the jms queue. In your code, you will have to mention the port number and queue name details.

Let me know if you require any more info.

Best Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The errors that you can get in Interface is System errors and application errors.

The system errors can be handled with the help of

1. Alerts

2. Mails

Application errors generally depends on how your application handles them.

In case of Idoc if the Idoc does not get posted dur to missing/incorrect data then you can send IDoc acknowldgements.

Also, depending on how the end user wiould like to receive the errors you can design your interface.

Regards

Vijaya