Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to DMS Content server from outside by NON SAP Application

former_member845166
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello,

I have following queries in Accessing DMS Content server.

We want to access the documents stored on SAP DMS Content server from outside using non sap application let say a portal developed on j2ee. Does it possible?

IF possible what are the limitation on it?

Regards

Shiv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shivshankar,

It should be possible; CS runs on IIS in case of content store.  IIS as a web application can be used to access on the 3rd party (web) applications. Authorization & Access could be controlled from SAP.

It is the same game plan as in xECM.

Thanks,

Suresh

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Shiv

Whole purpose of content server is secure access of Documents , that makes it impossible for third party access , unless you route it via SAP.

on a lighter note , it is as it is tough for easy access via SAP itself, trying direct access from outside, would nt be short of any adventure?

felipe_ssj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shivshankar,

According to this SAP help, it is possible to access the content server externally by combining HTTP URL's plus anonymous SAP login stored in SICF transaction:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/d0/590c421c7f11d5991d00508b6b8b11/content.htm

Were you able to develop this external access by non-SAP application? If so, how did you link the HTTP URL's with its correspondent record in the external application?

Thanks in advance,

-Felipe

Kartik2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any updates please..

former_member845166
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No updates yet..:-)

Regards,

Shiv

former_member845166
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello friends ,

It is not possible to access the document stored on SAP DMS content server from any other outside portal.

Even if you want to access you need sap login.

Regards

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

This is possible. When products like documentum6i are integrated with SAP DMS as documentum is also J2ee based.

For this you need Java developer and it's feasible. Limitations are only functionalities difference but you can access all documents

in NON SAP environement(you can say integrated one)

Thanks,

Ravindra

former_member845166
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

My query is to access dms document from non sap program without any SAP Authentication.

I agree we can integrate DMS with other DMS application like documentum but when still need sap authentication

I hope i clarified the things.