cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to Install CE7.2 on Windows 7 64bit OS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is it possible to Install CE7.2 Trial software avaliable on Download section on Wondows 7 64Bit os?

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

CE 7.1 supports 64bit but not CE 7.2

Software available from here...for 32bit

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/a0a6bd7b-3dfc-2c10-eb95-aae0f777d4ab

-Sekhar

Edited by: sekhar on Feb 22, 2010 4:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am getting the following error while installing CE 7.1 SP1 Downloaded from sdn.. download area...

I am using Windows 64 Bit.. I also tried with Windows 7 64bit OS..AStill the same....

Running msiexec failed with return code 1603: undefined

Commandline was msiexec.exe /norestart /L sapmmcX86u.log /i sapmmcX86u.msi /qn

If you want the installer to retry, choose Yes. If you want the installer to abort the installation, choose No.

I reinstalled the OS again but still the same error.. Windows Installer is up and running in Services....

Hence I found one thread where to install MMC Snapshot then Install CE 7.1... I am able to pass through Step 4 of 32 installation... But got an error at step 9 of 32 Data base server Installtion error:

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver CE Developer Edition > Install SAP NetWeaver CE Developer Edition( Last error reported by the step :The database installer reported an error. DIAGNOSIS: Some database applications might still be running. SOLUTION: Check the log file sdbinst.log and C:\sapdb\data\wrk\MaxDB...>install _ .log.). You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.

Choose View Log to get more information about the error.

Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files (x86)/sapinst_instdir/CE71_DEV_ADA/INSTALL

Log is as below:

Installation of MaxDB

starting installation Fr, Feb 19, 2010 at 22:55:11

operating system: Windows AMD64 NT 6.1

callers working directory: C:/Program Files (x86)/sapinst_instdir/CE71_DEV_ADA/INSTALL

installer directory: D:/Softwares/CE711SP1_SDN-Preview/CompEnv/MAXDB_WINDOWS_I386

archive directory: D:/Softwares/CE711SP1_SDN-Preview/CompEnv/MAXDB_WINDOWS_I386

software in package Fastload API is not runnable on your system

FILE MAGIC: MS Windows 32-bit i386 executable dll

YOUR SYSTEM: architecture = AMD64

YOUR SYSTEM: subversion =

YOUR SYSTEM: system = Windows

YOUR SYSTEM: version = NT 6.1

installation exited abnormally at Fr, Feb 19, 2010 at 22:55:11

Any Solution for this?

Thanks

Rajeev