cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I build a Universe using CRS 2008 V1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to Crystal Reports Server 2008. In another thread, I was advised that Business Views would eventually be phased out and that I should use Universes instead. How do I build a Universe using CRS 2008 V1? I cannot find the Universe Builder or the Universe Designer.

Kind regards,

Janice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

in a BO Enterprise system the Web Intelligence processing server is needed to support connecitons over universes even hen a CR report is invoked, Since this component is not available in the CRS setup I personally do not think that it is possible to use universes in CRS 2008.

You may want to contact the SAP support to get an official answer on this (http://service.sap.com/support)

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much! I had to ask this question because there doesn't seem to be any documentation anywhere about what BO Enterprise features are not available in CRS, and there are no separate CRS Administrator and InfoView user manuals. You are directed to use the BO Enterprise manuals.

0 Kudos

Hi

how many users are going to access your BO system?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is actually not my system. I am a consultant working with a client who has a CRS 2008 deployment. They asked me how to implement row and column security in their environment, so I was researching the alternatives. I will show them how to build Business Views since Universes are not currently a viable option for them. Would you happen to know if Processing Extensions are supported? Hopefully down the road when SAP decides to stop supporting Business Views they will provide some sort of utility to convert them to Universes.

Thanks for your help,

Janice

Answers (0)