cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Currency \ ExRateDate - What is the use of this field in GOA?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

Display Currency \ ExRateDate -GOA -basic data.

What is the use of this field in GOA?

since this field shows after release only.no problem. whatever my currency in GOA . po also will create a same currency and release value also update in the same currency. .

always it is blank. what is the significance of this field....

What is the usage of RETAIN BUTTON in the GOA . what is th e functionality of this RETAIN

Thanks

Muthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the usage of RETAIN BUTTON in the GOA . what is th e functionality of this RETAIN

"Retain" button is part of the workflow related actions(along the line of "approve", "reject", etc) indicating the desire to hold off the document processing at a later point in time. It could be an action in the inbox of the approver or requester. The user could have made changes to the document before pressing the "retain" button in which case the changes would be saved and the document would be validated and put to "retained" state.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay. i am defending you only this time.

i am not agree . there is no piece of docuemnt on this RETAIN button.

at any situations this RETAIN button is not active for me.

approver also could not see RETAIN button.

Muhtu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do that more often...

Let me know your SRM release and SP#. If 7.0, what workflow are you using? Application controlled or Process controlled?

I assume you are looking at the inbox of the approver and displaying the GOA detail, correct?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SRM 550 SP 15 JAY..

inbox,approvaer box , display , edit goa .. i never seen button as active .

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not an expert in workflow. But I would try to explain what I understood so far:: "retain" button should be visible and activated under the following 3 conditions for Bid Invitations or Contracts:

1. the workflow allows "back and forth" actions. In technical terms, if you look into the WFL container, approvalprocesstype = 1.

2. user's security level is > 1

3. document is in edit mode

If you can see the button, but it is not activated, check the above 3 conditions. If it is still not helping, try to see if you could see it working in a bid invitation, or a PCTR type of contract (not GOA).

As to official documentation that addresses "retain" functionality, I also don't recall seeing any. But others might chime in.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay. Lemme try this "back and forth" change version awaiting for approval. let me disturb goa. eventually i wanted to know.the real what is the functionaity of this.

even i get this message contract is back and forth workflow. do you want terminate the approval process.

no. still this RETAIN button is not active...i just wanted to know when this button will be active of RETAIN> what is the business functionality of this or future enhancement they made as RETAIN....

ok. then it may be with BI related stuff.but i could not see in GOA.

This RETAIN button owes one night sleep.still puzzle for me.

moreover Display Currency \ ExRateDate - this field too. I never seen any values. always empty...

Former Member
0 Kudos

RETAIN> what is the business functionality of this

To me, the simplest explanation for this button to exist is this: after you change the document, this button would allow you to save the change. You don't have to make immediate decision as to "approve" or "reject" right then. You could continue to make changes and retain the changes till you are comfortable to make final decision on the document.

As to the currency/exchange rate fields, I would suggest this scenario for your consideration: The Bid Invitation can be created with multiple currencies for the bidders to choose from. Therefore, the quotations that come in could contain different currencies accordingly. When the follow-on document, such as a contract is created out of the quotation, it has to also contain all these currencies and their corresponding exchange rates.

Answers (0)