cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syslog remote monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We would like to monitor SAP syslog with our network management software that supports syslog monitoring. On other systems all that i have to do to send the syslog to the monitor is tell the system the IP of it. Is it possible to do this on SAP R3? If yes, how could i configure it?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Angel,

I have a lot of experience with the open source monitoring tool " Pandora FMS " complemented with his SAP plugin (SAP Certified Monitoring Tool)

The remote read of SAP syslog is not as easy of select the SAP log file because the file is continously lock by SAP server.

What monitoring tool are you using? I think that could be possible use the Pandora FMS plugin SAP for automatic remote read and then your tool collect the info.

Regards,

Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm currently using ManageEngine OpManager. I'll look for information on Pandora to search if fits my needs. Thanks

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Certified Third-Party Monitoring Tool can be used to communicate with the SAP CCMS Infrastructure of SAP System. They use SNMP, API, XML interfaces to communicate with SAP System to collect CCMS data.

Please refer the help manuals/guides available of Third Party Management tool to integrate SAP system for having CCMS alert data display.

E.g. In Manage Engine

- You will require SAP Java Connector for the communication between "Manage Engine Application Manager service" and SAP System.

-Then you will have to create Monitor under Monitor Group, by supplying several Data such as Host Name/IP address, system number, Client, SAP User Name, Password, CCMS Monitor Set (e.g.SAP CCMS Monitor Templates)

-Add the required CCMS attributes (such as Sys Log)

-After some time, the Data will be displayed in the Monitoring Application

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff