cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STAD Report for last month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam getting stad report for last one week,iam not getting the stad report for last month.i want to get stad report for particular day in last month.how to rectify the same.

Thanku

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Statistics files are written every hour. You can change the value of this parameter stat/max_files. This parameter specifies the Number of stat-Files which can be held at a time and its maximum value is 99. Means the last limit is 99 hours.

Please refer the following similar threads to get more detailed Information:

[|]

[|]

[|]

Also check this [useful Blog about STAD|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5511] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; and SAP Note 139418 - Logging user actions.

Regards

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks,i confgured auidt log i.e. I activated config in sm19,and i placed below parameters in rz10,still iam not getting report for last week in sm20.how to proceed for the same.

rsau/max_diskspace/local 10485760

rsau/enable 1

Thanku

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

set rsau/max_diskspace/local parameter with max value 2147483647 bytes.

Ensure that the location where the Audit Log file will be created, is having enough disk space. (default location is \usr\sap\<SID>\<instance_number>\log directory)

Specify the Deletion period of old SAP Security Audit Log file using SM18 (Security Audit-Reorganization) T-code.

Regards

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanku,I configured below parametsrs in rz10.

rsau/local/file /usr/sap/LID/DVEBMGS00/log/

rsau/user_selection 1

rsau/selection_slots 3

rsau/max_diskspace/per_file 1048576

rsau/max_diskspace/per_day 3

rsau/max_diskspace/local 2147483647

rsau/enable 1

activated profile in sm19,still iam not getting audit log for last week in sm20.guide me for the same.

Thanku

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If security audit log was not enabled and STAD was set to only keep the last couple of days theres no much hope to go back a few weeks

Regards

Juan

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

rsau/local/file /usr/sap/LID/DVEBMGS00/log/

???

you will have to set DIR_AUDIT parameter instead of it.

Set the following parameter with reference value:

Parameter                                  Description                                   Reference Value

DIR_AUDIT	             Directory for security audit files          S:\ECP-AUDIT\ECP\DVEBMGS00\ECP_security_audit_log
FN_AUDIT	             Name of security audit file                   ECP_AUDIT_++++++++.AUD
rsau/enable	             Enable the Security Audit Log                       1
rsau/max_diskspace/local	  Maximum space for security audit file                 2147483647
rsau/max_diskspace/per_day  Maximum size of all security audit files per day            (If you wish, otherwise let it be default '0')
rsau/max_diskspace/per_file	 Maximum size of one single security audit file             (If you wish, otherwise let it be default '0')
rsau/selection_slots	         Number of filters to allow for the Security Audit Log            (If you wish, otherwise let it be default '2')
rsau/user_selection	         Defines the user selection method used inside kernel functions         (If you wish, otherwise let it be default '0')

activated profile in sm19,still iam not getting audit log for last week in sm20.

After Proper setting of Security Audit log parameters, the Application Server needs to be restarted to make the changes effective. You will only get the Audit Data since the activation of valid Security Audit parameter.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

-->You can use ST03 or STAD to get it for one day.

-->ST03G to look at one user at a time for a month at a time.

You can increase retention time from the standard 1/2 days up to 4 days in order to be able to investigate a potential weekend problem.

No please do not use this.

It is *Not recommended to do that with STAD data...* Data would be way to large and way to detailed.

BUT , no worry's, SAP has this functionality build in: its called security audit log:

You can configure and activate the Security Audit Log (SM19) and then analyze its entries through SM20. You can configure exactly what needs to be tracked...

Useful transactions:

SM19 (config)

SM20 (analyze) (SM20N , depending on release)

SM18 (delete old logs)

Other SAP Note which is helpful in this case 539404 - FAQ: Answers to questions about the Security Audit Log

Let me know if usefull

Best regards,

Sanjeev Nagalikar.