cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not transport from DEV to PRD (Hang up)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help.. I have this problem, was not able to transport from Dev to Prod, it just hang up.. I've read a lot in web how to solve this problem and did the following:

==> Stop all TP running in OS level

==> Delete all pending job in Import Monitor (with truck logo)

==> and the last to be done is to delete the data from table TRBAT, but it took so long to delete the data in that table.. What I've noticed is that the data left in table TRBAT is the transport number wherein user was log-off during transport execution (as in the middle of the process)..

What should be the solution of this problem, as we can not proceed with the transport of our changes made in DEV system, as it just hang up in there.. and I'm also having this problem in deleteing data from TRBAT table.

Thanks.

Edited by: Deo Pasion on Feb 20, 2010 7:25 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some of the points needs to be done/review if transportation hung:

1) Delete all the transport requests from import monitor

2) Kill all work processes which are executing for tp

3) Check/reshedule RDDIMPDP job

4) Reset entire system buffer from SM51 tcode

5) Move/delete all the files from /usr/sap/trans/tmp direcory

6) Check the space of tp directory /usr/sap/trans

7) Check whether at leaset one background process is free and available for import

*If all are in place, try to execute the same from OS level and let us know the status

Regards,

Nick Loy

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its well known problem which is discussed many times in many threads.

Did you check TP System Log and TMS Alert of the System ?

Execute RSTPTEST report to check the STMS configuration. Also check the existence/status of RDDIMPDP Background Job.

Please refer these useful threads with similar symptoms.

[|]

[|]

Also check this SAP Note 71353 - Transports hang during background steps.

Regards

Bhavik G. Shroff

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How are you deleting entry from TRBAT?

From OS level first kill tp.exe then delete TRBAT and TRJOB entries.

Try from SM30 , delete both entries and save. what kind of error you are getting during TRBAT entry deletion?

Re-try the transport and check if proper transport request number is being shown in TRBAT table. If some other request is showing please go to usr/sap/trans/log folder and rename the logfile name to old.

Still i you can not do the transport, login to 000 client, from SE38 run RDDNEWPP in dialog and select Job Class A i.e high priority.

Please let us know the status.

Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your transport got hanged then check the table tmstlockr. Your hanged transport entry should be there . If you find the same entry then delete it from the oracle level using the following command

delete from sap<sid>.tmstlockr where TRKORR = '<request_no>;

this will solve your problem.

if not check the /usr/sap/trans/tmp directory for any LOC file is there. If it is there then rename to OLD and then try to transport it again. This will also solve the issue.

If still the problem exist restart the servers and then try to transport.

Thanks,

Chaitanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check in the temp directory any SID.LOB file is there, If exist please do rename it and then try to re import the request.

Thanks,

Chaitanya.