cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS set up - to assign the link in cv01n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am aware of attaching the document from the hard disk using cvo1n tcode with approprite object links.

My client wants to assign the link directly so that it will take to the docuement once we click the link. Can we assign the link in cv01n.?

if yes , please let me know step by step how to assign the link .

Regards,

Mahee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahee,

please see the following link which should provide you useful information on how originals could be "linked" to document info records: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/CA-DMS-LinkingURLpagestoDocuments

This information is mainly for URL links but you can also use it for originals which are stored in some network directories for example.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph ,

We are facing the same problem with opening an external URL with SAP DMS.

I can not reach the wiki which you recommended "https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/plm/ca-dms-LinkingURLpagestoDocuments".

Could please give me an alternative link for this WIKI?

Thanks a million for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

attachment of any documents thru t-code cv01n usually does not require help of any object links.

but if you need to link the DIR with attachment to any other object then its possible thru object linking..

for ex: if you want to link a DIR having attachments to,

1 ) material master:

thru DMS, in change mode cv02n, under object linking tab you can assign the material master number.

thru MM, in change mode mm02, additional data>document data>attach the required document..

same way you can do with other objects like PR, PO, Equipment, Functional Location etc.....

Thank You,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your responses....I tried attaching the docuement in cv01n and when I try to open the same it says..."network address default has not been maintained in the computer. I went to DC20 and try to put PC as default but not sure where to put as all the sections were empty.I did tried in identifying front end section but again everything is blank.

could somebody please guide afetr getting into dc20...what I have to do step by step ?

Regards,

Mahee

Edited by: maheee on Feb 23, 2010 12:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahee,

Yes , it's possible. Only you need to go in the display t-code of the link which you have given. i.e. for material code ,go to MM03 and their your client will find this link of document and they will directly get the document from there only.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahee,

could you please explain in detail what exactlly are you looking for? whether u r asking about object linking... linking also possible but you should not checkin doc into KPRO.

Bhuwan

Edited by: tbhuwan.kaar on Feb 20, 2010 6:46 AM