cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.1 SPC Chart: Using Nelson rules instead of WECO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to apply the Nelson rules to the SPC chart instead of WECO? How and where is that configured in 12.1? (I believe it was a server level configuration in 11.5 but can't find it in 12.1 or the help).

The 12.1 help just refers to how WECO rules are applied to the SPC chart.

Thanks,

Kerby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

I understand the alarms can be configured individually

Can you point us to how this is done?

Regards,

Alonso.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This reference is obviously not directly MII related but does highlight some of the WECO vs. Nelson (where Nelson was an update to the original WECO) applications:

http://www.qualityamerica.com/knowledgecente/knowctrInterpreting_the_Run_Tests.htm

All of the alarm configurations are available to you in a common place and many have X of Y configuration options as well so you can put your own spin on the alarm criteria.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy, we actually were talking about how to configure Nelson rules in SPC charts but we figured it out. We had thought it had to be configured as a global setting (I was told this is how 11.5 worked) to switch between Nelson and WECO rules, but it was just a matter of individually configuring each alarm within the SPC display template.

Easy enough, thanks for the help.

Kerby

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually I believe the SPC Chart alarms are actually a mixture of both Nelson and WECO.