cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support patch instllation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are in process of applying BASIS support pacthes in production system. The process struck at DDIC_ACTIVATIOn phase while applying SAPKB70015 and 16 pathces are in queue.

No errors found also we could not reset the queue as the import in DDIC_activation phase. In DEV and quality we did not faced this error.

System details:

ECC 6.0

SQl 2005

SPAM - Version 7.00 /0037

Kernel release 700 with path 221

Updated kernel and SPAM before starting with SP applications. PLease suggest how proceed with this. ANy suggessions are much appriciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please the Action log and Queue Log along with tp System Log to find the possible causes.

SPAM-> Goto-> Action log (Shift+F9)

SPAM-> Import Log-> Queue (Shift+F8)

SPAM-> Import Log-> tp System Log

Also carefully read SAP Note 822379 - Known problems with Support Packages in SAP NW 7.0x AS ABAP, which is already suggested by Tyler.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod, Can you please paste the latest SLOG and ALOG log files, so that we can analyse further and help you in this regard.

I would advice you to have a quick check at Tablespaces also.

Regards, Amber S

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod, Can you please paste the latest SLOG and ALOG log files, so that we can analyse further and help you in this regard. you will find slog and alog files at OS level in USR/SAP/TRANS/LOg directory.

I would advice you to have a quick check at Tablespaces also.

Regards, Amber S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amber and all,

Thanks for your quick responses. I have looked at the along,Ulong under trans dierctory before i posted the query it slef. i could not find any errors on logs. However I have managed to complete the process by restarting the queue.

also increased the parallel process to acceleare the patch instllation which helped us to complete the process intime. but not sure why the intial set of BASIS patches took very longer time ( almost 10 Hrs to complete the process).

Anyway thanks again for all your time.

Regards,

Vinod

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Have managed to sort out the issue myself. Thanks for all support.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinod,

Check out Note 822379. Within that note search for SAPKB70015 and SAPKB70016. There are multiple issues it may be depending on what errors you are seeing.

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly paste some details of error log

nirmal.