cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing the validation error in workflow-notify

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We have a requirement where in we need to capture the validation error message and send to concerned team in the notify mail thru work flow. I couldnt find any way of capturing the error message in the email (workflow-notify component). Version MDM 7.1. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Regards

Aruna chatla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member153023
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aruna,

You should get a text content for mail body in the "NOTIFY" component of workflow.

Pls check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can get any text but I need to capture validaiton error message that is their in the group and send it to owner of that through mail. Please suggest

Aruna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aruna

Do not search in SAP MDM easy ways

You can doing next trick:

1. Create in repository text field

2. Set its property "Display field" to "Yes"

3.Create assignment that calculate your expressions and save result message to field that created by step 1

4.Create simple workflow(WF) "Start->assignment->notification->End" ( or modify already used)

5. Set WF properties "Trigger action"="Record add" & "Record update"

6. Add in notification steps %Records% -parameter.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If there is only validaiton then we can go in this way. Iam having group of validations that are verified(in group), so I do not know, which validation error gets fired for a particular record. Needed to capture this error message. So please let me know the expression to capture the validation message at run time.

Regards

Aruna

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aruna,

MDM does not provide any standard feature for this, and I think solution suggested by Kanstantsin is a good solution to acheive your requirement. It will be simple and work fine if you have few Validation. But if you want to Run validation groups then this will be very complex to track validation errors in any field using assignments.

I am not sure if this can be achieved through MDM Java API. I will let you know if I find something good on this.

Regards,

Shiv