cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Customer Code Externally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I would like to assign the Customer code externally instead of system generated one in XD01. For example, when i choose the Account Group as " Sold to Party" and enter the customer code manually, it gives the message that i cannot assign and it will be generated internally. Kindly advice in this regard at the earliest.

Regds

Jeevagan.U

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

From your question i understand you are referring it to Customer Number, unfortunately that is something which has to be generated from the system, there is no work around for that.

But if you like to give an reference number to that customer, for example if you have a customer in your legacy system, and the business people would like the same number to be referred in the customer master for easy reference, then i believe you can use the field Acct at customer for that purpose in the sales area of customer master,

if that field is not available than some other field in customer master can be used for this purpose.

hope it helps

Regards

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Geeva ,

Go to a/c groups , in a/c group you will have General data ., company code data , sales area data , click on those you will see transportation zone in company code data , sales area data , you will see options here , just make it supress or optional here

hope this will solve your problem

regards

venkat

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Geeva

As per my understanding from your question , you want to give external number range to customer , to do this you need to assign external number range to A/C group , so that you can give external number range to customer hope it will solve your problem

path- IMG-Financial Accounting Global setting - A/C receivable and A/c payable - Customer Accounts -Master data- Preparations for creatiing customer master data- define account group s with screen layouts ( customer ) and create number range for customer account grps -assign number range for customer account grp( here you should assign it as external number range)

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Thanks for all of you. As per your suggestion i had been to the T=code "OBAR" and found that number ranges are specified already and then in t-code XDN1, i have assigned the Acct group respectively. Now it is accepting the external num ranges as i requested but i am getting the addition field "Transportation Zone" in General data under XD01. I want to suppress or choose as optional field, can any one help on this regard bcoz i have tried in SPRO setting i dont find the Transportation zone with mandatory condition.

Regds

Jeeva

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
but i am getting the addition field "Transportation Zone" in General data 
   under XD01. I want to suppress or choose as optional field

Go to OBD2, select your account group and double click on General Data. There you have the options to change the requirement.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

u can either do the same in t code obd2 even then if it is not getting changed i.e. even then it is showing as mandatory

u can also try with t.code ob20

here in, one can control the customer masters depending upon the nature of transaction like if it is vd01,fd01,or,xd01.

thanks and regards

mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

External Number Assignment can be made at the the NUMBER RANGES definition in XDN1 Transactiion code.

If you know the Number Range Key, then directly Check the EXTERNAL option

You can get the Number range range Key from the OBAR transaction code for your ACCOUNT GROUP

Please check and revert back if you need more details

regards,

santosh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to XDN1 and tick the box for External and save.

Now try to create a customer master and update the forum.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi