cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charcater formatting for header text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

In one of my forms I am pulling in the Item text(period of renting) to show before each of the line item is displayed on form. I ahve used a style Zstyle to print the text which is being called from include text tab. The zstyle has 2 pagargrahs settings and 2 charcter settings eachof the them is set to 9 pt and bold. When I try printing the form the Item text(period of renting )comes of in bolded characters with size 9 pt which is fine but is theer a way that if theer are two line in the period of renting text the first line prints in bold and the second line unbolded and little smaller in size.

For example:

SURFACE PACKAGE -

This line I would like to print bold 9 pt

January 1 - 31, 2010----This line I would like to print 8pt in standard format not bolded.

The entire line SURFACE PACKAGE January 1-31,2010 comes from the same include text .

Please let me know if its possible and how to accomplish it.

Thanks in advance.

Aarav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do it in below ways.

1.If the text is created by you,Break the Text into 2 Include Text and display Independently with different paragraph formats.

if allowed

2.The other way is giving the Paragraph format while creating the Standard Texts in SO10.

While changing the text in so10, Mention the paragraph format as 9 for first line and 8 for the second line.

Thanks & Regards,

Vamsi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for your answer, but the text is coming from the same text area of which first half should be bold and size 9 and the other half of it should be unbolded and size 8. So how do I break the text from the same area into two with diffreent formats.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think the standard smartform include text function works. I guess u have to use some coding. Use fm READ_TEXT and loop the text table that it returns. Then u have to use a loop and text elements to display the texts in different paragraph formats controlled by conditions in your code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aarav,

In case of, include text, you won't be able to give different character formats for each line. In case text elements you can give different character formats to display each text.

So, you can use FM 'Read_text' to read your item text and then display is using text elements. You can use charcter format 'bold 9 pt' for first text element and '8pt' for second text element.

Thanks,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all , that was something I thought would solve my problem and it did as there were no other option available. Thanks all for your help.

Answers (0)