cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free goods process requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My client has a new sales process coming up for which he has the following requirement:

He wants to give free of charge item(Sales promotion kind of) for a certain qty of material ordered.

For Eg: For 10 pieces of Material A he wants to give 1 piece of Material B free of cost.

Is this possible in std SAP?

Also, consider that we have 3 materials A1, A2 & A3 which are material of the same nature but different colour, and hence they have different material codes.

Like the above scenario, is it possible that a sales order of

Material A1 - 3 pieces

Material A2- 5 pieces

Material A3- 2 pieces

will give me a free goods item for 1 piece since the qty sums up to 10.

Can the above requirement be configured in SAP??

Please help with your valuable inputs and suggestions in std SAP.

Regards,

Amit

Edited by: Amit Iyer on Feb 19, 2010 11:02 PM

Edited by: Amit Iyer on Feb 19, 2010 11:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do that.....I have not tried but I think it will work

For this you have to create one material group for all such material having similar features and add this material group in all these material master so that all such material will have one single material group

Now,

Go to path SPRO - Sales n Distr. - Basic Functions - Free Goods

1. Add material group field from maintain field catalogue in IMG screen

2. create new Condition table and add this material group field plus any other field that you want like Sales area or customer as key combination

3. Add this condition table in Access seq. NA00 or creeate new access seq. for the combination eg. Material group / Customer

4. Assign this access seq. to condition type NA00 in Maintain condition types

5. Put this condition type NA00 in pricing procedure for free goods

6. Finallay activate this procedure for the combination of Sales Area + Cust. pric. proc + Doc . pric proc

Create condition records for free goods in VBN1

In cond. record give min qty as 10 so that all the materials that have similar material group will be accumulated and give free goods qty as you want

Hope you get some inputs

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Could u pls elaborate a bit more on ur soln..

see the issue is I wanna give a free qty rather than any % or value discount..

So according to your soln if I group my Materials in Material Groups and maintain condition recs on the basis of material grps, while creation of sales order will it propose for a free goods item after entry of 3 materials of the same group??

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it should.

I have not tried this scenario. But by logic this should work. because all the materials are of same feature, so you can group them under same material group and create condition record for this material group, so that qty of all the materials with this material group will be grouped and then you can propose free goods.

Material qty can be anything as it is combination of 3 materials in your case. So you cant create cond. records for individual material.

Try to do the way i said and post your feedback

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit

I have a customer who wants to operate free goods on the scenario of

Material1 3 pieces

Material2 5 pieces

Material3 3 pieces

will give the free goods item for 1 piece.

I see you marked this thread as answered. What solution did you get for this? I have tried the solutions in this thread and these do not work.

Thanks

Rachel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

There's no solution for this.

Either you need to configure it for 1:1 i.e

1 Unit of Material A free for every 10 Unit of Material A (Inclusive)

or

1 Unit of Material B free for every 10 Unit of Material A. (Exclusive)

Free goods scenario cannot be configured for combinations i.e more than 2 materials.

*So, I didnt get any solution with the options above and I informed the client accordingly and subsequently we went in for Exclusive case *

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt update Amit.

This is what I have been telling the customer but they aren't liking the answer!

Rachel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

It is not possible using std SAP however if they insist on the requirement you may propose them a 'Z' solution.

A 'Z' development solution may turn out to be very complex.

If their master data for free goods involves only some materials you may also check user exit MV45AFZZ, ask the ABAP person to write some logic there and propose the materials in sales order.

Regards,

Amit

Edited by: Amit Iyer on May 20, 2010 9:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

regarding the Free Goods I have an issue in My Company..

we have Material Groups and under each group there are many SKUs in different pack sizes and different shades.

if we want to give Free Goods on Material Group Basis for example

For Material Group A there are say SKU A2222,

A2223 and many more

now if we want to give free goods from another material group like if anybody purchases any item from Material Group A then a 2% free goods of materila group B can be given in the order level.

this would be a great help for me if anybody can comment

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO REPLY?

plz sir ..wating for your valued suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO REPLY?

plz sir ..wating for your valued suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

No answer !!

Please help me experts...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Please click on your Cond. type on Group condition.

Maitian your material A,B,C under same material group, it should then work for your requirments,

FYI,

Group condition

Indicates whether the system calculates the basis for the scale value from more than one item in the document.

Use

For a group condition to be effective, the items must belong to a group. You can freely define the group to meet the needs of your own organization. The items can, for example, all belong to the same material group.

Example

A sales order contains two items. Both items belong to the material group 01.

Material Quantity Material group

A 150 01

B 100 01

The group condition indicator is set in the definition of the condition type for material group discounts. The condition record for material group 01 includes the following pricing scale:

Scale quantity Discount

from 1 pc -1%

from 200 pc -2%