cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Ledger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to active the Material Ledger but i want to know what is the disadvantages of Material Ledger otherthen its cant be deactive after implementation.

Thanks in Advance........................Please reply soon...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

takashi_kotani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know few points;

1. Deactivate ML

It's not exactly for productive system, but it is possible to deactivate ML according SAP Note 425487.

2. Standard Price change

Without ML, you can always change Standard price for material, but in ML world, there're some restrictions. Normally you can change once, and you cannot change it for one month under one condition. You have to pay attention for period shift transaction (MMPV). ...however, we have trick option (Note 555176). Please check SAP Note 190707,555176.

3. Period-end closing process step.

Without AVR function in Material ledger,

You have to process ML period-end closing steps monthly by necessity for all activated material, plant. Even if you forgot it for one monthe, you can not process it for following month untill you will have completed before month. See SAP Note 361236.

4. Performance in period-end closing

Talked with other parteners, i usually hear from them, material ledger has a performance problem, because they already a lot of period-end closing tasks, additionaly they add material ledget period-end closing steps with huge materials. So you have to consider the time frame of whole your period-end closing, but there're some tips to optimize performance also for material ledger. for example, parallel processing. please check SAP Note 668170 for performance example.

5. Fully integrated logistics process.

Within material ledger each material/plant/valuation type/ and each special stock (except anonymous valuated special stock) are treated like a different material and users are neither aware of the effect using certain movement types nor can the behavior of the users be fully controlled. Sometimes, many materials being involved (like: material A -> material B -> material C -> .... material G -> material A), the logistic materials flow should be checked with the users and persons in charge , whether there can be such situations (As well as stock transfer plant to plant or plant to Sales order). This unexpected cycles will affect your costing result or at least performance problem within material ledger closing processing.

It's not all, but they are someting important to check before ML implementation. and i can tell if you know material ledger precisely, I think, it is good solution for actual costing such as multi-level costing. it's also for use to apply IFRS

Hope it will help.

Best regards, Takashi

Edited by: Takashi Kotani on Feb 20, 2010 12:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Takashi for your helpful support......

i want some more outcome or any other disadvantages of ML

Thanks once again

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also have some question about ML .

I actived ML 2010.01, but this month I can't use ML to settlement. because the diff is very huge. the finalcial didn't agree it.

they want to assess all the diff to stock or sales, no in expense. but the result I afraid something wrong in customize about

obyc (such as :PRY PRV), did you have any suggest?

udo_werner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Huang,

try transaction CKMVFM, the so-called value flow monitor

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/ec/45e518a9ab11d48bac0000e83234f3/frameset.htm]

and

[Note 744090 - Value Flow Monitor: Explanation and recommendations|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/744090]

with that you have a chance to find where the large differences come from

best regards, Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Udo.

I checked and most of diff I found. but I have another question to consult you , I will hand on new subject.

huang

Answers (0)