Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPinst not start - error

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I´m desperate... why?! Because I don´t know how can I run the sapinst... it gives me a weird error!

I´m trying install ECC6 SR3 on Linux (red hat enterprise linux version 5) with Oracle DB 10.2g

But I´m faccing with a big problem.. I can not find solution for this...

After entering the command ./sapInst in linux terminal it opens a window SAPInst GUI (in image bellow) that shows an error, even when I click the Log on button it returns to show the same window SAPInst GUI and I do not go from this point...!

SAPinst GUI windows (error could not connect to localhost on port 21212)

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6174/errorsapinstgui.jpg

In terminal it show this message:

[root@redhatsap IM_LINUX_X86_64]# ./sapinst
[==============================]  extracting...  done!

Starting GuiServer using:
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_25/bin/java -Xmx256M -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -cp /tmp/sapinst_exe.469.1266363842/JAR/instgui.jar:/tmp/sapinst_exe.469.1266363842/JAR/inqmyxml.jar SDTServer config=jar:sdtserver.xml guiport=21212 sapinsthost=localhost sapinstport=21200 guistart=true

init: retrieving account information for group sapinst...
init: retrieving account information done.
load resource pool /root/Desktop/sap/51033511_8_BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master/IM_LINUX_X86_64/resourcepool.xml

guiengine: No GUI server connected; waiting for a connection on host redhatsap, port 21200 to continue with the installation

So, can you tell me what I have to do to overcome this problem??

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, Recently I have faced same issue during DAA installation in AS Java system in windows OS.

Solution :

1. Change JAVA_HOME environment variable to D:\usr\sap\<SID>\J00\exe\sapjvm_6

2. Check SAPINST_JRE_HOME environment variable is present or not, if already present then delete this.

3. Check environment variable PATH and if there is any JRE path added then delete only this path and add JAVA_HOME variables value.(D:\usr\sap\<SID>\J00\exe\sapjvm_6).

>>>sample value of PATH= C:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\Windows System Resource Manager\bin;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Network Monitor 3;C:\CoreUtil\MTResKit;C:\Program Files\SysInternals Suite;C:\Program Files\7-zip;C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;%JAVA_HOME%\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;D:\Program Files\BMC Software\Control-M Agent\Default\exe;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Imaging\;D:\usr\sap\DP1\J00\exe\sapjvm_6

***Bold portion need to add.***

After changing variables also clear tmp folder(open run-->type %TMP% -->select all and delete)

Best of Luck. This will surely work.

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Check Java version by using start>Run>javaws

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if that is being used by any other process. You can use netstat kind of command to find out the ports being currently used.

Check your installation guide for process of starting sapinst. I believe you can start remote installation (from windows machine) for the *nix based systems. Atleast this is available Solaris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have not mentioned which architecture you are using for linux, means is it 64bit or 32bit ?

If it is 64bit, ensure that you are using correct JDK for SAP (IBM JDK 1.4.19)

Secondly, if it is fresh installed Linux then make sure that FIREWALL and SELINUX is turned off. Otherwise you may face communication issues.

One more thing, After installing JDK, add JAVA_HOME, and add path your PATH variable in root users login profile for JAVA executables (PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin)

Check java version using "java -version" command. Set JAVA Alternative or simply rename /usr/bin/java to /usr/bin/java.old

Check java executable path using "which java" command. It should return path of your java executable from JAVA_HOME

After disabling FIREWALL and SELINUX, just restart your operating system and try once again..

Before starting SAPINST, try executing "xclock" in terminal windows. XCLOCK should appear on your desktop.

If it is not working, check your DISPLAY variable or set it as below...

#export DISPLAY=<Your_IP_Address>:0.0

Then try running SAPINST...

It should work then...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh Narkhede,

My architecture is X86_64 and I already know which JDK I have to install... I install the IBM JDK 1.4.2 , this is recommended for SAP Installation on Linux with 64 bit... Sun has no 64bit 1.4.2 JDK for Linux so I had to install the IBM JDK.

That is in SAP Note 1090932 - IBM download site for special JDK builds - iFix. (and the file that I downloaded and installed in my linux was IBMJava2-AMD64-142-SDK-1.4.2-13.0.x86_64.rpm)

Secondly, it is a fresh install of Linux and FIREWALL and SELINUX is turned off, as you can see in following image:

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/7771/firewallslinux.jpg

That two variables JAVA_HOME and PATH I already export them, it seems well done! I also check other things/values that you talk and as you can see below I think we all are well configured:

[root@redhatsap ~]# which java
/opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/bin/java
[root@redhatsap ~]# java -version
java version "1.4.2"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 2.3)
IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM J9 2.3 Linux amd64-64 j9vmxa64142-20090310 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20090309_31291_LHdSMr
JIT  - 20090210_1447ifx1_r8
GC   - 200902_24)
[root@redhatsap ~]# ls -l /usr/bin/java
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Feb 10 14:30 /usr/bin/java -> /etc/alternatives/java
[root@redhatsap ~]# ls -l /etc/alternatives/java
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 35 Feb 10 14:30 /etc/alternatives/java -> /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.4.2-gcj/bin/java

And xclock is worked!

But sapinst continue not worked... when I type de command ./sapinst it show me that error! I don´t believe in this... I don´t get the solution for this situation!! Oh man...

Teach me please one thing, how do I set the variables JAVA_HOME and PATH to mantain them permanently even after reboot, because when I do a reboot both variables disappear, they are temporary!! How can I set them permanently in system?

Kind regards

Joao Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set JAVA_HOME or any environment variable in users login profile which in users "Home Directory"...

For root user add the following lines in your /root/.bash_profile (This is hidden file, which has DOT before filename).

Please add or correct the variable and path as actual...

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.4.2
export SAPINST_JRE_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.4.2/jre

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:$JAVA_HOME/bin
export PATH

in ORASID users login profile add the below variables.

export ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/<SID>/102_64
export ORACLE_SID=<SID>

PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin
export PATH

Don't forget to rename the below file as below.

mv /usr/bin/java /usr/bin/java.old

(Otherwise, you need to set java alternative)

You can check which java executable is being used..

#which java

It your show java in your IBM JDK directory...

Restart the system and try to run the SAP installation again..

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh Narkhede,

Sorry for the delay in response...

So I checked that variables, and these are created in system!

What I did yesterday was try to run the ./sapinst from port 21200 instead 21212 and I also put the IP address of this server in field "Host". But without sucess one more time

But now the error is other, and I see also in terminal (shell) two new lines after I press "Log on" buttom:

guiengine: 2010-03-02 04:26:34 PM Login in progress
guiengine: 2010-03-02 04:27:04 PM Login timeout; the client was enable to establish a valid connection

You can see them in the following image:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3660/guierror.jpg

In SAPinst GUI window it shown an error (as you can see in the image above also):

Network input/output exception has ocurred: end of file
javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException: end of file

Can you help me ?!

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh Narkhede,

Finally I got the solution for this weird error!!

The problem was located at IP address and your own DNS name of this server that was mapped incorrectly in the directory /etc/hosts which was with other IP (I don´t know why!) and from the moment I put the correct IP and its name, this issue was resolved and I could finally start the sapinst.

# Do not remove the following line, or various programs
# that require network functionality will fail.
127.0.0.1	         localhost.localdomain localhost
::1	                 localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
172.31.109.14            redhatsap

Ahh and I guess that was another problem associated to this... the IP of the server was not associated with a correct DNS.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal