cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master/Slave Repository while using Shopping List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0. I want to use Master-Slave architecture on a same MDM server but at the same time we want to use Shopping List functionality. I have two questions in my mind:

1) As per SAP Note 1170807, it is recommended to map SRM-MDM Catalog SearchUI to work with slave repository but as per SAP Note 1141870, we need to use Shopping Cart Template functionality rather than shopping list as we can't create/modify shopping list in slave repository. My question is if I want to use Master-Slave architecture and shopping list at the same time, can I map SRM-MDM Catalog Search UI to work with Master repository by using parameters

catalog = Master Repository:Slave Repository

repositoryType = M:S

so that SearchUI will be performed primarily through Master repository. Only if master repository is not available, then SearchUI will access slave repository.

2) At the time of Master-Slave synchronization, slave will not be available for SearchUI but is Master repository available for Search at that time?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to feedback from SAP, Slaves can't be used if updates to shopping lists are required on SRM-MDM 3.0.

Regards,

Shehryar