cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing Problem with Adaptive Web Service Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am consuming adaptive web servcie model. It is created from a lcoal web service i.e deployes on a web service. When i run from WS navigator it works fine.

When i consume WDJ it is erroring out. The method is written an array of bean methods.

The error i am getting is -- java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Target role name 'Response' not defined for model class 'SearchInvoiceByNumberResponse'

Please help me, have a very tight delivery....

Thanks

Supriya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi The problem si resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> When i run from WS navigator it works fine.

>

> When i consume WDJ it is erroring out. The method is written an array of bean methods.

>

> Supriya

Have you tested the web service by other means, such as [SOAP UI|http://sourceforge.net/projects/soapui/files/soapui/3.0.1]

Did you use a "Portal application standalone (packed in SDA)" development component to create the web service?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delete the model and recreate/reimport the webservice model again in your webdynpro. Since you mentioned it worked fine in webservice navigator, there might not be any problem with the webservice. Once the model is re-imported in your webdynpro, set the request parameters and execute, should work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I did re-imported my model but no help. There are 5 business methods in my EJB. three methods returns integer value and other two methods are selecting the data which returns bean type. One is bean type and another is of bean array type.....

I have problem with only these two...........................these two methods errors out when try to consume through adaptive web servcie model....are there any pre-requsisties i should take care offf.....

Help me out................

Thanks

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could be because the return type is complex for the 2 methods. Check whether the bean class structures have been created during the proxy generation.