cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking DMS to a Content Repository for Recipe Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I link a document type to a content repository?

This is for Recipe Management. When I look in DC10 I can see that there is a document type of RMS for Recipe Management.

I assume this means Recipe Management is connected toDMS

I have created a content repository ZRM using OAC0.

How do I make the link between the document type RMS in DMS and the content repository ZRM?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see that transaction OACT will create a 'Category'.

I have created one - ZRECM

This has has fields Document Area and Content Repoitory.

The Content Repository is obviously ZRM that I have set up previously.

The Document Area is a dropdown and I have chosen DMS.

but there are other Categories pointing to DMS.

How do I ensure that one document type is written via a particular category?

or do all DMS documents go to one category?

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply but it isn't really what I was after.

I am only the basis guy so I am not sure of the application but my expectation is that users will save a document with a document type of RMS. This document should be saved to a Content Repository

What you have described is how to save a type of document such as MS Word to a particular repository. I was hoping that Recipe Management documents (possibly MS Word, possibly not) would go to a Recipe Management Repository.

There still might be the possibility that documents (possibly MS Word) for other projects e.g. packaging could be written to a different repository.

What I am hoping for is a link from the document type RMS in DC10 to the Content Repository defined in OAC0.

I have a suspicion this is via the category defined by OACT.

The link from SAP DMS to Content Repository seems fundamental to me. I am surprised no one has the answer

...or perhaps I have completely missed the point?

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have the "use KPRO" checkbox on. This often affects whether you see the repository create in OACT.

You do have to create a storage category in OACT though, so if you haven't done this, you will need to. The other problem I've noticed is that SAP offers two Document Management options in OAC0 so if you don't select the correct one, it won't appear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that Athol

I did not have the KPRO checkbox on.

I have ticked it but haven't noticed anythong different in OACT (or anywhere else).

I had created a category in OACT. What puzzles me is, where is the Category in OACT referred to elsewhere?.

I am fairly sure I have OAC0 correct - if I select the other Document Management System in the Document Area dropdown it comes up as DMS2 in the overview.

What I was expecting to see is somewhere in DC10 where I could point the document type to the category in OACT.

So what does link the document type in DC10 to the Content Repository?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no direct link to the document type. The only way a repository can be linked is via profiles where you can allocate a repository to particular users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Athol.

I think I have come to the conclusion that the basis part has been completed.

It is up to the application guys to link to the category (OACT).

At the same time as this I am setting up a repository for cFolders.

The developer has shown me transaction CFI01 where the category can be selected for cFolders

I guess similar must exist for Recipe Management. I will get the developers to dig.

Thanks

Tony