cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have a client in QAS that has ONLY Configuration?

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

I've been informed that one of our migration consultants requires a new client created with ONLY configuration.

Is this possible?

Anyone Please advise on your expriences and how is client copy involved?

Thank you ALL in advance

maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can complete a standard client copy using profile SAP_CUST. More details here->[Copy Profiles|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/frameset.htm]

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You very much Joe! I needed that confirmation.

I am currently running a client copy in our sandbox using SCCL, and profile SAP_CUST

as the profile indicates it will bring only configuration including authorization profiles, will it bring all userids as well?

or will I have to provide access to the users that will be doing work in that new client

I know we can do SCCL using SAP_USER that should bring over only users, auth. etc., and not damage any existing data (configuration) that was brought over with SAP_CUST

is that a correct conclusion?

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. That is correct. If you run SAP_CUST and then SAP_USER you will bring across customizing and then the users/roles. A clear way to do this would be to run SCCL with the SAP_UCUS profile which includes customizing and user information.

That help?

J. Haynes

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Joe, client copy with profile SAP_CUST just completed, but if using the profile SAP_UCUS is a combination of

SAP_CUST and SAP_USER, This is thoroughly excellent!!!

I am re-doing the client copy in sandbox to test out this theory...

will keep you posted! ....of course you probably know it is the way to go

Maria

Answers (0)