cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.6C to ECC upgrade Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are planning to install a 4.6C on windows x64 bit machine however we are unable to go ahead as the SAP kernel is not supporting,we searched in PAM with SAP and did not get anything there.

Pls suggest how to go about.

Also if we install a 32 bit Operating system of windows and go ahead with the installation will we be able to upgrade to ECC later?

your inputs are very valuable in this regard.

Thanks in Advance.

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't install 32 bit system as it has lot of performance problem. You can find 4.6C kernel at below path:

http://service.sap.com/notes --> Downloads --> Support Packages --> Archive for Support Packages and Patches --> Entry by Application Group (no longer in maintenance) --> Additional Components --> SAP Kernel.

There you can find 4.6C kernel.

But for my curiosity, why you want to install 4.6C first then upgrade to ECC. Why you don't install ECC directly ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

If we does so can we get our 4.6C Production data onto the new ECC box? also one more query is that database is on oracle 9i and it has to be 10g on ECC do we need to perform database upgrade.

Kindly suggest.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

Thank you very much for the link you have provided,We require complete kernel CD including the R3setup.bat file which install all the command files,and the link which you sent consists of just DB dependent and independent files also it does not have windows x64 bit based kernels.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks in Advance

Arun

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use below link to download CD for Kernel for 4.6C release:

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=DISPHIER&HEADER=N&FUNCTIO...

For oracle 10G, I will suggest you to install 4.6C system on oracle 10g and then you can restore or perform system copy from production. For more information. check SAP note 980981.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

Thanks for your reply.

The note more describes of export of source system which is on 10g whereas in this case Source PRD system is on oracle 9i and if we install directly 4.6C on oracle 10g on target system can we restore or perform a system copy of the source system which is on oracle 9i

Regards

Arun