cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provide access to log files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Kindly let me know how can we give access to log files for developers in portal system. Log files like developers when they do some configuration and if they are getting any errors then to enable them to see logs in the portal. How can we achieve this?

Also, similarly can we check the logs of default trace from NWA without logging to OS or visual admin.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

You can check the default trace log in the NWA. Check the log viewer in the NWA and you can configur as per you requirement.

Hope this will helps you.

Thanks

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I have doubt like is the log viewer available only up to 7.0 NWA only or is it available with 7.01 NWA. I have checked in SMP and have found JAVA log viewer for 7.01 also. Kindly confirm. Currently, I do not have access to system for checking the same.

@Peter,

I have gone through the LogWatchView link, in the blog it was told that it is not officially released. Can you confirm if the same is released now and can we use it.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

You can check the default trace log in the NWA.

I hav'nt check the exact path..but there is opion..Please check for details in NWA

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the path below

NetWeaver 7.0 System: Analysis > Debug > Logs and Traces

NetWeaver 7.1 System: Problem Management > Logs and Traces > Log Viewer

Also, I would like to know if there is way to have some restriction over these access of log files. I mean to say can have some restriction put on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!!!!

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check here:

/people/daniel.wroblewski/blog/2007/07/16/debugging-tools-log-watch

/people/volker.drees/blog/2008/12/09/how-to-setup-a-standalone-j2ee-log-viewer

/people/jacek.wozniczak/blog/2010/02/05/logging-in-web-dynpro-java--a-guide-and-tutorial-for-beginners-part-1