cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Expense Tax code

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gurus

Is it possible to configure the system such that it allows users to enter actual Tax code amount based on receipt in ESS TRavel Expense?

Edited by: Duxton SG on Feb 23, 2010 12:06 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

carla_seehausen
Explorer
0 Kudos

The same requirement exists e.g. for Poland.

You can find a description on how to make the tax amount field editable in SCN thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3439157

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread is marked as answered; but I didn't see the solution presented in a response.

We have the same requirement. Users want to be able to enter a VAT amount rather than select from a configured drop-down list.

How did you resolve your issue?

Linda Hartmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

It is not possible to change the "Tax Amount" in standard system. It is in display option. If you need to do this, you need to

this via modification by making the field visible and ready for entry in T706Z1 in SE16.

Regards,

Raynard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus!

is it still not possible to change VAT in standard? What is the reason of this logic then? thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veronika,

I guess normally the tax percentages are fix. For each country you have fix calculation rules. So to enter manually a tax amount would cause unnecessary errors. If you just enter the code the system will calculate the defined tax percentage.

This is what is normally needed for local trip.

Or please explain what is the reason behind to enter the amount instead a fix calculation tax code.

Best regards, Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sigi!

the reason is simple: the amounts on the paper documents in the reality might differ from the amounts that are calculated automaticaly by the system - these are rounding diffrerences, and normaly they are very very small. But the accounting guys need to register everything in accordance with paper documents. So they require us to put in the system exactly the amounts that are on the paper travel documents, for example - in air tickets, where the VAt amount is printed.

I would like to understand the logic. In the FI-AP (tr. FB60 for example), you can unmark the "calculate vat" option and enter the VAT amount manually. Why it is not the case in FI-TV?

veronika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veronika,

first time I hear from this rounding differences. For which country this is the case?

I guess the reason is simple. The end user is not able to enter this data properly or it is even "to much work" to control for the auditor too.

If it is really on rounding differences (at least my opinion) the authorities will ignore it if you have calculate the tax and it differs from the printed amount. So the effort you will spend in the system to manually check each detail and change the tax calculation will cost much more than let the rounding differences run through your system.

Why SAP does not include it in the standard software. I can only guess. I think the requirements has not been requested by many customers. And the business impact should be very low. So no big problem for the company to loose a rounding difference from time to time.

Best regards, Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Sigi! it is the case in Russia, for example. I got your point. Thank you once more! have a great day!

veronika

former_member739457
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We also have this issue with a requirement to have users enter a tax amount associated with a receipt and not have the system calculate based on a code.

Interested to hear if there are any solutions for this!

Thank you,

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing a similar issue. Would like to know how to resolve this.

Thanks.

Regards,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can allow employees to select the appropriate tax code for each expese type, but taxable amount canot be entered by the employee.

Thanks,

Nandagopal C