Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Receiver Channel Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting below error in Receiver RFC Communication Channel,

Error in processing caused by: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: JCO.Exception while calling MYMODULE1 in remote system (RfcClient[Sys_CRM_RFC_Client]):com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: Type conflict when calling a function module (field length).

I am thinking that it is because of RFC Function module in Receiver system and his error is not related to PI.

Note:- I am using remote user in Receiver RFC CC instead of Dialogue user.

Thanks,

Balu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Type conflict when calling a function module (field length).

Go to the end system and execute the RFC from there itself (SE37)....use the same data that you are passing from SAP XI/ PI

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is because of field length mismatch from RFC table to PI message.

thanks,

balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

Problem is in u r Function module.It is showing filed length error.I think, u r alredy import the function module in to IR,After words u had changed the field lengths.So it is giving Error. Again u have to reImport the function module in to IR.

once reimport u rproblem will resolve.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

looks like the RFC metadata is not proper....

try modifying the channel and activate it...also compare the fields in PI and SAP for RFC...

if not reimport the RFC and try....

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

But message log showing below message

Delivering the message to the application using connection RFC_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: JCO.Exception while calling MYMODULE1 in remote system (RfcClient[Sys_CRM_RFC_Client]):com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: Type conflict when calling a function module (field length)..

It seems the error in receiver system only....

any more idea.

thanks,

balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In receiver system it is not able to execute the same for the parameters and values passed by the XI/PI....

so in this you need to pass the values as expected by the receiver system...

in order to do.so..do the above mentioned activites...like metadata refresh by activating the channel with small modifications...

and checking the field length and type of the parameters are same..in your mapping and target systems structure...

it is the error in PI system..and need to pass the values as expected by receivers...

HTH

Rajesh