cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign fixed priority to PPDS PPM's using Heuristics Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We use PPDS (SCM 5.0) Heuristics like planning of std lots to plan our products using PPDS PPM's only.

The problem: I have tried several ways to prioritize my PPM's for a product (each product may have multiple PPM's, which needs to be prioritized) like: giving prioritization in the PPM's itself, giving prioritization or changing the sch mode in the Strategy settings etc etc but whenever I run a heuristic it somehow manages to pick the one with the "shortest production time" and not the one I need it to pick!

Note: We don't use alternate modes functionality in APO; we rather strangely enough have 1 PPM for each alternate!

Could you please help me out with some hardcore prioritization settings which overlook the heuristics PPM selection policy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes Planning ID can be used for non rem products too. Still selection will be based on priority only if requirement can be met on time with all possible source of supply.

In short it is not possible in standarad PPDS to priortise source of supply by violating hard condition of on time delivery.

It is possible in SNP.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh, I will have a look at it & come back then!

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If i understand your requirement correctly ..

you have alternative modes/resources,hence multiple PPMs accordingly(created from multiple Prod version of R/3),out of which you want specific PPM to be selected as a prefered/default PPM.

In Production version definition you have an field of Planning ID (mm01-->MRP4 tab) where you can define a priority (0,1,2..etc)for production versions so that a PPM created in APO carries the same priority and the highest priority PV/PPM is taken as a default PPM during heuristic planning as a SOS for planned order.

This planning IDs are plant specific, needs to be pre-defined in Tcode MF36 and those will be available for selecting as a priority.

Hope this resolves your problem.

Regards,

Digambar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Digambar,

But those planning ids are only for rem, I guess. Can they be used for non-rem products, I don't think so?

Thanks for all the answers...so far it seems like there is no proper hardcore way of prioritizing PPMs for

heuristics, which unfortunately is very surprising

Former Member
0 Kudos

In PPDS Source of supply selection logic is as follows.

First and foremost it will try to fulfill demand on time. I.e. Out of available source of supplies(PPMS) it will filter the PPM which can fulfill demand on time. If any of the available PPM cannot fulfil demand on time then PPM which causes minimum delay is choosen.

So First crieteria is on time delivery.

If Multiple source of supply, PPMS can meet demand on time then PPMS will b e selected based on following crieterias in the sequence given below.

1. Quota arrangement

2. PPM priority

3. Costs

So it is not that it will select always PPM which takes less time. In your case only PPM which takes less time is able to meet demand on time.

If More than one PPM can fulfil the demand on time then PPM with less priority will be choosen.

(with priority 0 will be choosen than priority one)

You can use BADI /SAPAPO/PWB_SOS to modify this priortisation logic but still I am not sure whether you will able to override constraint of meeting demand on time.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In an environment like heuristics, it would be difficult to

prioritise in PPM.

You can try giving priority for the location product master

and then generate the PPMs and try running heuristics and

check

In SNP optimiser, you can prioritise these PPMs by giving