Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LONG text issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently I am facing typical Issue.

Whenever user creates DIR and tries to enter the longtext,

some text gets automatically concatenated with existing Short description.

This text is always same and appears immediatly when any user clicks on the Long text Icon.

User creates DIR using CV01n transaction and no mass uploading tool is used.

Also this happens with particular document type and not with all document types,only in Production environment.

Hope somebody has answer to this.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. But I checked the same but there is settings made.

Also I think this setting will affect to all document types and not to single document type.

May be something else you can suggest.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the typing mistake I made in the previous reply.

Actually there I could not find any settings made.

Any other way to resolve this.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I could debug the programm . The entry is already got saved against text object DRAT in table STXH

Entry is some thing like TEXT: 900ZAC%SAP_1234567890_SAP% 01000 Basiclly at document creation before assigning the number for , Internal Number range of course,system assignes this object code by default.

So every time when user clicks on LONG TEXT icon it fetches this value also and gets saved.

Now question still remains is how this value got saved.

Any inputs are appreciated

Regards

Nitin

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

this entry means to be a temporary longtext entry in table STXH which should not exist. There is some SAP note which helps to correct this issue. If possible you can search for SAP notes with 'STXH', 'DRAT' and 'longtext'. Then the suitable note should be listed.

Best regards,

Christoph

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

the note I've mentioned before is 1001859. I think its correction should help to solve this issue.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the reply. I will just check the notes along with BAsis team and update the same.

We are already on Ecc6.03 and note is applicable to 4.7

Regards

Rane S V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As applicability of note provided 1001859 is upto 4.7 we can not use this. Our current patch level is SAPKH60304.

I could not find any other note in line with the above issue. I think , i need to raise the message to OSS

Regards

Nitin

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

the mentioned entry in table STXH for object DRAT means to be a temporary longtext entry which should normally not remain in this table. So to solve this issue in your system you can delete this entry for object DRAT in table STXH and afterwards there

should no longtext appear automatically again.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you for sparing time.

I could delete the entry from the table

Regards

Rane S V

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto transaction se75, check text objects and ID for DRAT, have you set any text ID??