cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message scheduled in the outbnd side but IDOC arrived in target ECC system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a SAP PI interface that accepts an XML and maps it to multiple IDOC using multimapping (setting the occurrence of the target IDOC message in Message Mapping to unbounded). I also modified the corresponding column in the Operation Mapping to unbounded and it was automatically set in the Interface Determination to unbounded. I know this approach is not supported in PI 7.0 for IDOC adapter, however, I am using PI 7.1 Enhancement Pack 1 SP3 and I haven't found any document related to this version telling me otherwise.

Upon testing this interface, everything was successful. A checkered flag is displayed under the column Status in SXI_MONITOR. The IDOCs were splitted and even arrived in the target ECC server. I used the transaction we02 in the target ECC server and verified that the IDOCs arrived there.

The only problem or weird thing that I noticed is that under the column Outbound Status in SXI_MONITOR, I noticed that there is a green flag, which gives a message: "Message scheduled in the outbound side". I checked smq1, smq2 and sm58 in PI and there are no entries associated to my interface. I checked smqr and all entries are in status "R" which means all queues are registered. I am not using any BPM.

Does anybody know why the green flag status persists in PI even if the IDOCs successfully arrived in the target ECC system? Correct me if I am wrong but what I know is that the error message "Message scheduled in the outbound side" only occurs when the target message is stuck in the queue and was not delivered to the target server. Is this a bug in PI 7.11?

Regards,

Elbert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is this a bug in PI 7.11?

This would be a good question for SAP support.

Have you checked SAP notes already?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just got a reply from asking this question to SAP support. I got the following reply from them:

The status "Message scheduled" persists due to the fact that the IDocs were created with the reference to the child messages so even the IDocs were sent successfully, the status won't be returned to the parent message. A note will be created soon regarding the limitationwith this scenarion.

Regards,

Elbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anybody have any idea about this?

Regards,

Elbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elbert,

Please check that the messages which are in the queue is specific to your interface.

Regards,

Tiny