Did you mean: 

Scedule for triggering XI(BPM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Scenario Database(JDBC)--

XI3.0--

SAP(RFC(synchronous))

Everyday Night once XI Trigger and fetch the data from JDBC and sends via RFC call to SAP and take the response and put the the Database via XI .So Here I planned to use the BPM

I readed some below blogs and i found there is two ways to trigger the BPM in XI.,

/people/community.user/blog/2006/11/16/step-by-step-realize-your-bpm-scheduling-capability -BPM Sceduling

/people/ganesh.karicharla2/blog/2008/02/08/periodic-scheduling-of-data-between-oracle-db-r3-system -Periodic scheduled in JDBC

One way is for JDBC Adapter is sceduling dialy and another way is for call the client proxy and pass the dummy data to trigger the BPM( this is a BPM sceduling).

I am using XI 3.0 and Service Pack 20.Here my confusion is which way is going to do better way in the case of Future also.

In the blogs writes , If i done JDBC adpter schedule,in the future any Patches are updated any problems comes under this Schedule process?

Kindly suggest me your valuble updates it would be help me lot.

Thank you very much.

Sateesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

As mentioned in the Background section of the blog BPM Scheduling, since jdbc was not able to do a scheduling the author went for BPM scheduling approach.

But now since we have that feature it is always better to use adapter scheduling

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thank you very much for your suggestion Suraj,

and please suggest my below questions also.

Is it possible to stop the during weekends and holidays via Adapter Sceduling?

XI 3.0 SP 20 is support for JDBC Adapter sceduling?

Thank you very much.

Sateesh

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

>>Is it possible to stop the during weekends and holidays via Adapter Sceduling?

Weekends Yes you can. But stopping on holidays no. Check this link for more understanding

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/ad6cfeb5492a86e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

>>XI 3.0 SP 20 is support for JDBC Adapter sceduling?

ATP(availability time Planning) is supported and hence you can schedule the adapter

Regards

Suraj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In the blogs writes , If i done JDBC adpter schedule,in the future any Patches are updated any problems comes under this 
Schedule process?

You have to re-schedule in such a case.......i think (not sure) there is even a SAP note mentioning the same..if i get hold of it will post the same.

Is it possible to stop the during weekends and holidays via Adapter Sceduling?

Holidays not possible....weekends can be done...can take reference from my replies here:

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (0)