cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Netweaver 2004 to 7.0 EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to upgrade one of my system from Netweaver 2004 (SAP_ABA and SAP_BASIS at 700) to Netweaver 7.0 EHP1 (SAP_ABA and SAP_BASIS at 701). In the solution manager maintenance optimizer, the upgrade option is missing, only the maintenance option is available.

Should I be using EHPi or the Upgrade master cd?

Is there any specific document for upgrading NW04 to NW7 EHP1? I can only locate general upgrade guide to NW7 EHP1.

Thanks in advance,

Tzyy Ming

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If authorization is not a problem, then I can suggest a workaround. ie manually downloading the SPS (I tried this now)

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/swdc >Download>SAP Support Package Stacks--> right side of screen choose SAP NetWeaver 7.0 -->

select Target stack as SAP Ehp1 for SAP Netweaver ********.

Source stack as your current stack

select the Usage Selection as your requirement and continue.

further steps you will get the stack xml file.

For downloading SPS system dint ask for solution Manager approval as well :).

Since netweaver has 4-5 components you can use this method.

If you proceed with ERP system then there will be lots of complexity.

Try this method and post once suceeded.

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

I am using an account with SAP_ALL, so authorization should not be an issue.

I am confused here, Rajeev is asking me to configure the system as ERP in SMSY. And you are asking me to configure it as Netweaver in SMSY. I had configured it as ERP6, is that correct? Or should I use ERP 2004?

Warm Regards,

Tzyy Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even with ERP, if you are not getting the option then please check the user authorization

SAP_MAINT_OPT_ADMIN - (Administrator authorization)

SAP_MAINT_OPT_DISP - (Display authorization)

SAP_MAINT_OPT_ADD - (authorization to generate Stack Delta XML File)

While upgrading Netweaver, if you give ERP as product you should still be able to generate stack, only complexity is system will show dependencies for ECC system, thats why we add in SMSY as SAP Netweaver.

Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I configured the system as ERP6 in smsy. But in the maintenance optimizer, neither maintenance or upgrade option is showing now. After selecting the product in 'plan maintenance', it goes directly to calculate files in 'select files'.

Hi Shyam,

My release is Netweaver 2004 (700).

Apprecate your valuable advices. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Tzyy Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tzyy Ming,

If my understanding is correct, from you are trying to upgrade from Netweaver 640 to Ehp1 7.0 ?

in this case you have to do release upgrade to netweaver 7.0 and then Ehp1

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

This document whcih you have given talks about upgrading ERP to Ehp4. Issue here is about upgrading Netweaver to EhP1.

even i am facing the same problem.

my Netweaver system is 7.0 and want to upgrade to Ehp1 7.0 it contains only BI component.

SMSY documentation is done perfectly with product as SAP Netweaver and version as 7.0

Even I dont get option for Enhancement, only maintenance option is available.

Regards,

Shyam.

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Shyam,

I provided taht document as a help to change the component. That document expalins it better. As far as I know, u should define your system as ERP in SMSY to obtain those options in Maintenenace Optimizer. Please try to change your component and try again. Thsi will work.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

My system does not contains ECC or ERP components. It has only the basic Netweaver 2004 installed, with some BW add ons. Hence, I have configured the system as SAP Netweaver AS ABAP in SMSY. Am I configuring it correctly?

Thanks,

Tzyy Ming

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to get the option "upgrade" or "Enhancement Package", you need to define your system as ERP in SMSY. Else this wont work. You can change the component as per the above mentioned note.

I would recommend to read this pdf also. https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000293582009E.PDF

Please try. This should solve the issue.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having the software components versions below. I am assuming that the solution manager has SP22.

ST: release 400, level 22

ST-A/PI: release 01L_CRM570, level 0

ST-ICO: release 150_700, level 23

ST-SER: release 701_2008_2, level 6

Regards,

Tzyy Ming

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you might have selected the target system as ECC . Please select ERP, then you must see the upgarde radio button.

Please have a look Note 1022072 - Maintenance Optimizer: "No Data Available" message.

Rajeev

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the version of your solutino manager? It should be SPS17 or higher to get that upgrade option.

Rajeev