cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collect Message without correlation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario. I have to collect 10 files which has like 100 bytes of information in each file and they should be collected into a single file every five minutes. I dont know whats inside the file. The data may vary...How do I collect these messages without correlation in BPM? I can relate only file names....there is no relation between them in the payload...

Also, without correlation, if the file adapter polls every 5 mins and grabs 10 files, how do I control them to process in the same BPM instance (should I use interface namespace in the correlation for single BPM instance) - how to use collect pattern? can I use file name and process them in BPM to be collected????

Thanks for the suggestions.

Thilothama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>How do I collect these messages without correlation in BPM? I can relate only file names....there is no relation between them in the payload...</i>

>>.Create a dummy correlation for this. you can give any Correlation Id , provided make sure that that value is always same.

This you can do with adding one extra field. while transforming N:1 mapping do not map with this field..

Without correlation, i don't think so it is possible.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

Thanks for the reply. So lets say my incoming

file 1 has "This is file 1 content "

file 2 has "This is file 2 contennt"

file 3 has "This is file 3 content"

On content conversion I make this to

<Message>

<File content>

<ID>1

<Data>"This is file 1 content "

<File content>

</Message>

<Message>

<File content>

<ID>1

<Data>"This is file 2 content "

<File content>

</Message>

<Message>

<File content>

<ID>1

<Data>"This is file 3 content "

<File content>

</Message>

Hard code ID and use it in BPM collect pattern??

Thanks

Thilothama

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can do this..try it out.

But you need to send this data directly from the file. right? If your file data is different , and you don't want to add this temp variable(ID), then you can make one more sturtcure as mentioned by you(with ID). ANd before getting into BPM you can just map your File input with structure which is having temp varible. In this mapping you can pass constant value to the ID....

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

But you need to send this data directly from the file. right? If your file data is different , and you don't want to add this temp variable(ID), then you can make one more sturtcure as mentioned by you(with ID). ANd before getting into BPM you can just map your File input with structure which is having temp varible. In this mapping you can pass constant value to the ID....

-->>>Can we do this ID thing in Comm channel itself? and if so, how can we make this dynamic?

-->>> Also I need to use collect pattern - should i receive the message and do the mapping and then let the message pass thro the loop to collect the messages??

Thanks for your help

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>-->>>Can we do this ID thing in Comm channel itself? and if so, how can we make this dynamic?</i>

....I don;t think so, it is possible in communication channel. So either you need to write Module to add this id or go with dummy mapping as mentioned

<i> -->>> Also I need to use collect pattern - should i receive the message and do the mapping and then let the message pass thro the loop to collect the messages??</i>

....Anyway you need to do N:1 Mapping inside the BPM only.

Apart from this, you can do one dummy mapping with source sturcture is your file structutre and target structure is with same structure with one extra field called Id..

And second mapping is your, N:1 Mapping..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I have better Idea now. Let me try this out and update you on what happens...Thanks for your inputs...

Regards,

Thilothama