cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-SAP Application monitoring through Solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one task where in we have to monitor one non SAP system through Solman. Can anyone please share there thought about

1. First is it possible ?

2. How to archive it?

We have to monitor Message coming from another middle ware use as B2B integrator.

Thanks

Gautam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

in your case the best would be to use the SAPCCMSR agent to check your log files for any entries that indicate errors. You could also check if any messages were created at all in the save store using this agent. You can find more information on the agent (how to set it up, what can be monitored etc) [here|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/65/f3156d443e744abe15dbe14e4e32b5/content.htm].

Whenever the agent detetcs an error it writes the error message into an MTE node of a central monitoring system (which could be the Solution Manager for example). You can then either work in the CCMS directly to check for errors, or you can include these MTE nodes also into the Busu00EDness Process Monitoring functionality. This way the monitoring would be automated, and you would be notified about new incidents right in time. Please check Volker von Gloeden's [overview blog |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/15153] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];as well as the [FAQ's|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/FAQBusinessProcess+Monitoring] for more detailed information on Business Process Monitoring.

The SAPCCMSR agent is available right now. In addition, with the upcoming non-SAP monitoring functionalities there will be a way to connect to a remote system and do an own-defined database query. The handling of this functionality is quite easier than the SAPCCMSR agent, and it is better integrated into the Business Process Monitoring session. However, this works only with SAP supported databases. So please check if your save store fulfills these requirements.

If you want to have more detailed information on how to monitor your application especially using these new functionalities I would propose to continue the discussion offline. Maybe you can share some e-mail address, and I will contact you.

Thanks and regards,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes

I'm trying to accomplish basically the same thing but was taking the End-to-End Monitoring (PMI) approach in XI/PI. Can PMI be used with non-SAP systems?

For example we have an interface that travels through several systems and servers before being fed into XI (and back).

So far as I know PMI only starts when XI picks up the message. Are there any agents, API's or any method to PMI enable other applications to send data to the central PMI collector system so we can see a complete view of the process? Or should I give up on PMI and focus on Business Process Monitoring? Thank you,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

when talking about Non-SAP monitoring with Solution Manager it depends very much on what you want to monitor exactly. In your case I guess you aim at monitoring if the application ran successfully, and the application document that is to be sent to PI was created correctly.

In case of any errors: will the Sun application write any log files or any entries into a database that indicate that there was an error? In this case I'm very confident that one of our new tools that were described in Volker's post already will be able to perform the monitoring you need.

Maybe you can share some more details of your external application, so that we can figure out whether the Solution Manager is able to assist.

Best regards,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Thank for your valuable reply.

Yes, when ever there is a error Sun application writes the error in server logs and it also keeps the last processing message in some kind of a save store.

Could you please share some more light in the process how to monitor the given application.

Thanks

Gautam

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to service.sap.com/bpm -> Technical Information -> Set up guide for Interface monitoring.

Goto page 72 for the alert framework for java monitoring.

Thanks,

Leeona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leeona,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

I went through the document but it is projecting the light on message we are receiving in SAP PI. But I have a different requirement.

I have a different integration tool and my requirement is to monitor that application through Solman. Will it be possible that we can monitor the complete message flow with Solman.

My message flow is as following

Business (EDI Message) --> Non SAP B2B Integrator tool (Change EDI_B2B message to XML message) --> SAP PI (Convert this XML to IDOC) --> SAP R/3 system

I want to monitor the complete message flow with Solman. Will it be possible to so that same?

Thanks

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went through the complete document if you visit pg. 8. It state

The following functionalities for an automated interface monitoring are available with SAP Solution Manager:

· ALE / IDoc Monitoring (Application Link Enabling / Intermediate documents)

· qRFC Monitoring (queued Remote Function Calls)

· tRFC Monitoring (transactional Remote Function Calls)

· SAP Batch Input Monitoring

· SAP Business Workflow Monitoring

· File Monitoring

· SAP PI Monitoring

· CRM BDoc Monitoring

Non of the feature support NON SAP system monitoring functionlaity.

I am not sure if my perseption is correct or there is a way to do it.

Thanks

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, integrating Non-SAP-Systems currently is not yet one of the strengths of SolMan. I have a similar task, and all the documentation about CCMS, BPMon or whatever contains nearly nothing about integrating Non-SAP components. You can write an own CCMS agent, but that's not easy. If your application is a web application, you can check out GRMG with CCMS. You can also have a look at EEM, which is brand new (http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EEM/Home).

CSY

0 Kudos

Hello Gautam,

I don't know if you are just looking for pure system but also for kind of business process monitoring. I will only speak for Business Process Monitoring (BPMon) in SAP Solution Manager. Non-SAP monitoring is possible nowadays and will be further enhanced as described in my recent blog http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/17825. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Nowadays you could use the SAPCCMSR agent on OS file level or you could use the Customer-Exit framework of BPMon (a blog on this is linked to the blog mentioned above). With the upcoming shipment you can also pull information from WebServices or let WebServices push information into BPMon. You will also be able to use the generic ADBC interface to read data from an arbitrary database which is supported by SAP.

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Thanks you for all the information shared.

But while I was going through the presentation and the links you shared. It was no where mentioned that we can monitor any Non SAP application. I will take an example

Monitoring Scenario : -

I have an application developed on Sun JCAPS. This application is sending the Data to SAP PI application. SAP PI is doing further processing of the message and eventually sending it to SAP R/3 system.

This is my complete application flow. I am wondering

1. Is it possible that I can monitor my Sun JCAPS application with Solution Manager?

2. How is it possible to monitor the application which do not provide a window for access?

3. Can I hook my Sun JCAPS application to Solution Manager?

In Sun JCAPS application (interfaces developmed ) there is NO Business Process.

Any help extended will be appreciated.

Thanks

Gautam