Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIC & Inspection plan usage from different Company code Plant

hanamanth_honyal
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have one plant BRHP which is having company code 1000.

Now we have created new plant DRDP under different company code 2000 with same client.

1] Shall I use MIC of plant BRHP to plant DRDP? what is the impact?

2] If I assign the material of DRDP to inspection plan of BRHP is it ok.then what is the impact?

Please help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

hanamanth_honyal
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks All

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A Company Code is a Business entity , all the business done by diffrent plants of one company code will come in single Financial Statement of that company code.Using One Company code data in other is not advisable because both are different Business Organisations.

So , Create new Material and Inspection Data fort the other plant ,do not use one co. code data in other ...

Reagrds,

Neeraj

hanamanth_honyal
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have tested one cycle in DEV client by assigning material of different company code plant, while doing RR it has taken MIC of BRHP plant and done the UD.

I have not faced any error. Please tell me the impacts.

Thanks

DON

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no repercation of this process,as it is a std practice.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. The only issue you might have is with security. You can share inspection plans across plants as much as you'd like.

With security, if the inspection plan is in Plant A, a lab manager from plant B may not be able to edit the plan and add additional materials to it because they might not have security to Plant A. Personnel in Plant B would require access to Plant A.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remember that material specs ( which inclure MIC's) & MIC's created fro one plant can be used for the other plants also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1] Shall I use MIC of plant BRHP to plant DRDP? what is the impact?

MIC is used on the Inspection charac . and this Inspection charac is client specific.

so if you use inspection charac in old palnt, you can use in new plant also.

2] If I assign the material of DRDP to inspection plan of BRHP is it ok.then what is the impact?

Inspection plan and material is Plant specific. you cannot assign the one plant material to

the another plant inspection plans