cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dictionary Text Fields on adobe forms are getting cleared due to any action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have developed an interactive adobe form by using WebDynpro technology. I have placed SAP dictionary structure on adobe forms to provide user inputs in the text fields. Few of them - has provided with F4 help from dictionary, also few of them - has not provided with F4 help, in this case, user has to provide his own details ( for example first name and last name ).. Also we have placed few other web dynpro native buttons on the adobe screen.

My Question is - The fields, which are not provided with F4 help are getting cleared due to any action on adobe form.. For example I have given my first name and last name on interactive adobe form, and then I said 'SAVE', but these fields are getting cleared as soon as the action is performed..

Please provide any reasons why this is happening..

I have tried to follow other adobe forms as like how they have developed.. but no clue and i am not able to understanding.

Thanks in advance..!

Regards,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try the Search option at SCN and mostly to my knowledge such issues are reported. Also check 1035630 & 1403266.

Chintan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Today, I really do not have any idea about scriptting languages.

Thanks to Otto for providing the doucmnetation on JS.

Will comeback with JS version soon.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/lc_designer_scripting_basics/lc_designer_scripting_ba... is a good place to start with JS. Note there are ready-to-use cases/ examples in the last chapter of the doc.

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem with javascript versions. The old versions are supporting fine but the latest version are not supporting as expected.

Hence SAP has to help in this kind of issues.. Will update you further on the same.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which JS versions are you referring?

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan Virani,

Thanks for providing some help on my question.

Value Help is working fine in interactive adobe form, but normal text fields ( i.e first name and last name ) are not working in my application ( these text field values are not populating in webdynpro events from adobe interactive forms ).

Thanks,

Suresh K

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the binding and also verify of you written any code in the Initialize events of form/application?

If it does not work then raise a message to SAP and then update this thread.

Chintan

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like some fancy roundtrip:)) Otto p.s.: do what Chintan propose