Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Purchasing Group in SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We're using SRM 4.0 (EBP 5.0).

In our Org Structure Design, we have Multiple Purchasing Groups responsible for the same product category. And, the Purchasing Groups have "Responsibility" for Multiple POrgs. Therefore in the SC > Basic Data, the end-user is able to select a purchasing group.

The standard functionality in SRM is that the purchasing group Org Unit that is closest in number defaults in the SC. We'd like to change this and default the purchasing group that links to the users purchasing Org.

Has anyone coded this via a BADI to default a PGroup based in the SC.

In using the BBP_DOC_CHECK BADI one issue we're facing is that once we default a Purchasing Group in the SC, the sourcing is not getting redetermined. Any ideas?

Regards,

Sachin Sethi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin

Don't know if it applies to your question / problem, but take a look at:

Maybe this can point you to the right direction?

Best regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renaud,

I dont think we tried this one but did review BBP_PGRP_ASSIGN_BADI.

I'll have our developer review this one. The key for us is to not override the standard Sourcing determination.

Thanks!

-sachin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

what do you mean by <i>"the purchasing group that links to the users purchasing Org."</i> ?

You may make a mistake by saying <i>"the purchasing group Org Unit that is closest in number defaults in the SC".</i>

That's (nearly) the case if don't maintain any structural responsability in function tab: i.e. the first purch group in the list (sorted by Org ID O 50000XX), and not closest to user org ID.

But if you maintain structural responsabilities in addition to product responsabilities, then the system will pick up the <b>closest</b> purch group. Here by closest I mean the one with more proximity in term of organizational hierachy, and not in term of object number.

Otherwise use the available BADI to implement your own purch group determination (don't do it in the BBP_DOC_CHANGE BADI).

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

Message was edited by: Christophe Denysiak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

I presume that when u talk about Structural Responsibility on the "Function" Tab, you mean the "Purchasing Org. Corresponds to ID".

This is the Org ID that comes from the "Org Unit" that is assigned as a Purchasing Organization.

Please note that in our design the same PGrp is responsible for multiple POrgs. Therefore the default PGrp in the SC is the PGrp that corresponds with the first POrg.

Regards,

Sachin Sethi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Sachin,

I made a mistake. Of course I was talking about "Organizational Responsibility" in "Responsibility" tab, and not in "Function" tab.

Here you define the Org IDs this purch group is responsible for.

So if a user's SC item falls under the responsability of 2 purch groups (crossing product + organizational responsabilities), the one that is responsible for the closest node in the path from the user to the root will be defaulted.

Ex:

Root O 50000001

|

|- Segment1 0 50000002

|

|- Segment2 0 50000003

|-- Department1 0 50000004

|--- user A

Imagine you have 2 purch groups responsible for same product category. First one is organizationaly responsible for 0 5000001 (Root) and the second one for a lower level 0 5000003 (Segment2).

In that case, both purch groups are valid, but second one will be defaulted because it is responsible for a node closer to the user than the first one.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Let me explain the example differently:

Root O 50000001

|

|- Segment1 O 50000002*

|--- Segment2 O 50000003**

|- Segment3 O 50000004*

|--- Segment4 O 50000005**

|------ Department1 O 50000006

|------ User A

Where * indicates POrg1 and POrg2

And ** indicates PGrp1 and PGrp2

Both ** are responsible for Prod Cat "XYZ"

If PGrp1 and PGrp2 both have "Organization Responsibility" for POrg1 and POrg2.

UserA creates a SC for Prod Cat "XYZ". In the Basic data multiple PGrps are available for selection. But the one that will get defaulted will be 50000003. (ie. the first Prgoup in the list of Pgrps found).

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachim,

in your example,

if O 50000003 is the PGrp 1,

and O 50000005 is the PGrp2,

and O 50000003 is structuraly responsible for O 50000002,

and O 50000005 is structuraly responsible for O 50000004,

and O 50000003 & O 50000005 are responsible for XYZ,

then only 50000005 is electible.

But <b>if PGrp1 and PGrp2 both have "Organization Responsibility" for POrg1 and POrg2</b>, that means I have to add:

and O 50000003 is structuraly responsible for O 50000004,

and O 50000005 is structuraly responsible for O 50000002,

then you are right, both Purch Group are electible, and as they are responsible for the same node level (50000004), the default will be the first in the list, i.e. with the smaller Org ID: 50000003.

Your 2 purch groups have exactly the same responsabilities, so SRM can not do anything for you except proposing both entries with a default one (without a real default logic in that case).

To change this, use the BADI, and implement your logic (what would be the business rule ?).

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Try this:

In ORg structure maintainance PPOMA_BBP:

For respective O level of yr pur group, maintain the Org unit no. of the department(where yr users are linked) in the tabstrip responcibility sub field 'organizational responcibility'.

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Did you try with BADI "BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI" to change the Purchasing group?

Regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

You have mentioned about asug presentation on contract management. Would you able to provide the link or guide me how to reach there..Pls

Thanks!

Alok