Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SGEN : load generator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to execute SGEN :

Which option i need to use here ?

as well when i am using first option : Generate all objects of selected soft components .

the system is gicing one msg " Max run time exceeded "

Pl guide

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venky, Once you start SGEN SAP will start a background job RSPARAGENER8 now it depends on the the number of objects which will be regenerated.

From the above I can see Max Wp runtime is reaching its limit and job is getting cancelled. You would need to increase the parameter "recycle SAP" and then again execute SGEN. Also monitor the table spaces during the run of SGEN as the inflate during object regeneration process.

Hope it helps

Regards, Amber S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Select Generate all object

then You can execute one by one Software application Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Selecting One Software application also be giving the same msg : "max run time exceeded "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check if you are getting any dumps of kind TIME_OUT in ST22. Increase the runtime the value of parameter rdisp/max_wp_runtime for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir ,

where to change this paramater . ?

pl guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

You go to Transaction RZ10

You select Instance Profile and select radio button extended maintenance.. there press F2 or change parameter ..you can find wprun timeout parameter then change and active your profile and restart your MMC ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change this parameter in RZ11 also. But, this is will be a dynamic change only .i.e. no need to restart the instance if you change parameter in RZ11 and it will be active with the new value untill the instance is restarted. After the instance restart it will have the old value back. If you want to set it permanently then you have to set in RZ10 instance profile and take a restart of the instance.

Regards,

Sharath