Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reporting authorization issue after BI 701 05 EHP1 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have recently upgraded our BI 7.0 to BI 701 EHP1 with 05 patch level. After this we had a problem with reporting authorizations for a report (query), which has created under Virtual Infoprovider.

Earlier the report use to be execute perfectly with authorizations S_RS_ICUBE object with Act 03, Subobject DATA, but after upgrade to EHP1, while executing report its throwing a error pasted below.

=============================================================================================

"Diagnosis

Errors occured while reading a VirtualProvider outside the BI system. Check whether the previous error messages contains any information about the possible cause of this error.

It is possible that the error message can not be displayed because the error message class does not exist in the BI system. If this is the case, only the name of the error class and the message number are displayed. View the error class in the source system of the VirtualProvider.

System Response

Procedure

Since the error is not necessarily in the BI system, there is no specific procedure for resolving it. With VirtualProviders, problems often occure with the connection to the system; these can lead to system termination. If the code for the VirtualProvider is not from the SAP, contact the relevant person to help resolve the issue.

If an SQL error is listed in the previous message, see the procedure for SQL errors."

===============================================================================================

After running st01 trace we identified the missing authorization is S_RS_ICUBE with Act 03, subobject DEFINATION.

Here please tell why is the subobject check is performed to execute a report (query), as this is happening after EHP1 upgrade, so let me know if anyone had any clue on this ...

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

subobject gives you a chance to specify to which part of infocube user has access. It looks like there are some changes in logic and when you user runs query she needs to have access to data as well as definition. Or user had to read definition and SAP just forgot to perform authorization check. They fixed this issue in one of the support pack.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for reply.

The assumption what you made are correct, but these are the possible reasons only. Is there any specific note or any info from sap that these changes came due to the new release change, so that i can tell my manager clearly.

And I am not sure whether this is impacting the reports which using the VirtualProviders (Virtual CUBE) in place. If you could get bit more information that will be helpful...Thanks in advance.

Sridhar

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know exact OSS note. There are many OSS notes related to authorizations in BI. You can go through list of all included notes for each support pack level you have applied. I know it's going to be painful. Or you can try to run trace ST01 and identify a spot where the new authorization check is performed. This might help you to find OSS note more easily.

Cheers