cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(solved) - Procedure to retroactively add characteristics to catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

I'm trying to populate CCM 2.0 (SP03) catalogue using CSV 2.0 file as others do on this forum. I'm able to upload it and map it to /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG quite well. However, I have some difficulties to understand the procedure how to retroactively add characteristics to a catalog that is already populated with data and published.

We are populating our catalog like this:

SAP R/3 (4.7) -> export tool -> CSV 2.0 file -> import to CCM into a vendor catalog -> map vendor catalog categories to /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG -> run the mapping -> publish the /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG

In our CSV 2.0 file we implemented some additional characteristics. The upload to the CCM vendor catalog works fine, we can see the content and it is complete and correct.

Before mapping the vendor catalog categories to categories of /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG we manually defined the same additional characteristics to /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG as well.

A first try worked correctly! We had the same content populated in the /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG. "Great!" we thought, until someone had the idea to add an additional new characteristic.

Thus we added this additional characteristic to the CSV 2.0 file and added it manually to /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG as well. We then re-uploaded the new CSV 2.0 content to the vendor catalog. This worked fine, we can see our new characteristic there and it is correctly populated.

But: no changes in /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG... our additional characteristic remains empty!

So we tried to completely delete our vendor catalog, to recreate and reupload it and to remap the categories to the /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG again.

No change.

<b>So the question finally is (sorry for the long preface):</b>

What did we wrong? How is the correct procedure to retroactively add characteristics to a vendor catalog being mapped to /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG <b>WITHOUT</b> having to delete and recreate / remap everything including /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG?!? Is the order the characteristic appear in the vendor catalog and /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG somehow important? Must it be identical?

Any helpful hints, tips, ideas or experience others have done around this would be gladly rewarded with points!

Kind regards,

Renaud

Message was edited by: Renaud Desarzens

Message was edited by: Renaud Desarzens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Just to let you know: we solved the problem. In CSV 2.0 file you have to define additional characteristics not only on catalog but also on schema level!!! Else the content of those characteristics will be ignored during mapping.

Funny thing is, that we didn't had specified those characteristics on schema level before and it worked until last week that way.

Now everything is up and running again.

Hope this helps someone someday...

Kind regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renaud,

Suggestion:

pl. check whether the properties of the newly created characteristics in supplier and master catalog are exactly same e.g. single value/multi value.

Normally if they are not same , mapping itself is not allowed but still you can give a try.

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh

Yes, I triple-checked everything I can think about. In the meantime I exported the schema definition to CSV 2.0 from the /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG and the vendor catalog and then deleted both!

I then verified both exported schema files (CSV 2.0): both are identical except that the schema and catalog ids and names are different. All characteristics are identical and in the same order.

I recreated /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG and uploaded the corresponding schema file. All went fine.

I also recreated the vendor catalog and uploaded the corresponding schema file incl. the content. All went fine as well.

I then opened the vendor catalog and went to the mapping tab. There I mapped the different vendor catalog categories to the corresponding /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG categories. I also flagged the options "incl. subcategories" and "with automatic characteristic assignment" (sorry, had to translate those from german, don't know the exact wording in english).

After that I saved everything and started the mapping of the content (button click). I didn't flag the option "incl. unchanged items".

The protocol/log told me, that everything went fine (once more).

I navigated to /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG and verified the content. I have all items there BUT ONLY STANDARD CHARACTERISTICS ARE MAPPEN. All additional characteristics still remain empty!

I'm lost here... don't understand it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again

Anybody an idea why standard characteristics of the vendor catalog are mapped to /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG but not any of the additional characteristics we've specified?

We can see them all and correctly populated within our vendor catalog but in /CCM/MASTER_CATALOG they are all empty (except the standard characteristics).

In vendor catalog maintenance -> Mapping -> Maintain characteristic assignment: is it normal not to see any assigned characteristics there... regardless on which source/target category or schema I'm positioned? I understand, that the standard characteristics do not appear at all here because they're mapped anyway (standard behaviour). But where are my own defined additional characteristics? Looking at the vendor catalog content I can see them and they're also visible in Schema -> Characteristics.

Someone out there able to shed some light on my problem?

Thanks and kind regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry anyone to still bore you again with this problem.

Does somebody have an idea why the content of own additionally defined characteristics are not mapped between vendor catalog and master catalog? It is essential for us to have this working again!

What are the requirements one has to comply in order to have those additional characteristics being mapped?

Thanks again for helping me out! Would be glad to reward as much points as possible!

Kind regards,

Renaud