cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import u2013 MDIS handling Question

former_member469694
Participant
0 Kudos

This is for auto import and I have two fields and both are lookup fields.

FIELD A - Lookup field

FIELD B - Lookup field

Requirements

FIELD A, I have a new lookup field value in the import file and I want to add this new field value to the lookup table then map and import the file.

FIELD B, I have a new lookup field value in the import file but I want to set this as ERROR and donu2019t import this record.

How do we handle these two fields differently?

The Import manager configuration section of the default MDIS handling, unmapped value handling, I have IGNORE, ADD & FAIL. I can select one of the option and continue.

But how to handle this based on individual fields has individual requirements?

-

My another question is:-

My import file has 100 records. Import Manager configuration option, Default MDIS handling -> Unmapped value handling = Fail.

Out of the 100 records, only one record has the error so that record will not be loaded and remaining 99 records will be loaded.

But the exception folder, the file has all the records (100 records) if I am not mistaken. So it is pretty difficult to identify which record has error. Again if the input file has more records then it is more difficult.

Is there a way we can identify only records that are in error instead of looking the whole file in the exception folder?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Import manager configuration section of the default MDIS handling, unmapped value handling which you set, by default is applicable to all of the look up fields.

But if you want to handle it individually for two fields, you can.

In Map Fields/Values Tab Say Source Field A map with Target Destination field TrgA, Right click on TrgA Set Unmapped Value handling as Add.

IIy, you can set for Field B as per your requirement as Add, Ignore, Fail etc. As i see select here Fail.

For Second Question you asked,

Is there a way we can identify only records that are in error instead of looking the whole file in the exception folder

Whenever you get file into exception folder, Go to Import Manager, Select Type as Port, Remote system as per your requirement, Port as Filename(Exception) select and Finish it. Once your Import Manager opens, Go to Import Status Tab check Action Items for take the desired action to import that file. In this way you will come to know what are the fields and values which need to be mapped. Once it maps you can import this file in one shot and data will be populated into MDM.

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member469694
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mandeep.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

FIELD A, I have a new lookup field value in the import file and I want to add this new field value to the lookup table then map and import the file.

If any new values are coming for the Lokkup field which is business accepted one -- first you need to add or import that value to the perticular lookup field.

Then come to the import manager noe u can able to map those values to the destination easily.

FIELD B, I have a new lookup field value in the import file but I want to set this as ERROR and donu2019t import this record.

Simple map that value to the NULL Value..

Hope it help!

Thanks

Yugandhar