Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM 7.0 / APO Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the new analysis authorizations concept the use of organizational restrictions within an ABAP roles is obsolete. Other than the three SAP recommended authorization relevant objects what other objects are must haves for authorization relevant objects in APO. Did you use location or planning book for any of the infocubes? The SAP security guides are product and point to many obsolete links. Is one approach better than another? What solutions did you use to prevent the creation of thousands of individual roles? hierarchies? paths? etc? Is there a thread related to SCM 7.0 authorizations lessons learned. I found quite a bit related to BI, but nothing for SCM/APO.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

There have been some niche questions, mostly extraction and admin related, for APO. And a recent one which is AA related but did not attract answers beyond what help.sap.com has to offer.

I would also be interested in this and was reading up about it. Lets give it a while and then move it to the SCM forum if need be (I think we will have more insights there actually, but security will most likely not be the main aspect...).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Well the upgrade to SCM 7.0 is complete and the mixture of Analysis and Reporting Authorizations concepts used by SAP is in place. On the surface, documents state that everything is migrated, but only functions which use Infocubes from BI require the new authorization concept. I think I will blog on the subject since no one in SDN shared any lessons learned of useful information.

Edited by: Greg Capps on May 14, 2010 6:49 PM

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.