cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD_DS_SID and SLD_CL_SID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am installing a PI system (7.1 EHP1) and on the post install wizard, I am prompted for the passwords of the following users

SLD_DS_SID and SLD_CL_SID (when the system tries to attach itself to the central SLD) where SID is the SID of the system where the Central SLD is present. I tried with the master password of that system however it does not work. Is there any other default password for these two users?

I have also confirmed that the ID's are not locked in the Central SLD system (which is also a PI (dual stack) system)

Is it okay to reset the passwords manually (SU01) for these users? Are there any other steps which I would need to take care of (probably in the config tool or NWA post change of passwords in SU01)?

thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SID in the user ID name ensures that the cardinality of the connections are unique for the "client side" system.

If this is correct (unique ID's and not two systems with the same SID in the same network, etc) then resetting the PWD (in SU01) will affect only that one connection.

Now think for a moment... should the SID be included in the user ID name on the client side of the call or the server side?

--> Take a look in SU01 of your local installed PI system for the users...

Cheers,

Julius