cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe WDJava - Adobe Reader changes not being refected in context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

We have built a custom java Web Dynpro adobe form. The form is launched within a web dynpro application. For some client machines, the user changes to the form are not being reflected in the web dynpro context after submitting the form. I have written code to read the xml of the submitted form and the changes are not present. On other machines, the changes are reflected.

I have noticed that users have Adobe Reader 9 installed. On a machine with Reader 8.0, it works.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I recommend to use 8.1 (the best Reader ever!!) and come back to tell if the problem is solved (Reader issue) or persists (probably apllication problem).

Regards, Otto

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

We have received confirmation that our solution is supported with 9.3,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the problem with SAP's help. It seems the auto-install doesn't work. I had to manually install the adobe control and adobe ACF manually. Adobe Reader 9.3 seems to be fine.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this a new form or an old form? Just FYI...ACF should NOT be used and all new forms must be created using ZCI.

You might have resolved the issue currently but keep in mind that you are running forms on a non supported Reader version unless SAP said that it's fine to use 9.3 is the OSS you raised. Did they?

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for asking. The binding is defintiely failing with Adobe 9.3.

When first launched, it seems none of the initialization processes work but the reader eventually launches the form. There seems to be no link with to the app. When I try to read the xml, the values aren't populated.

On machines with 8.1.4, things work on most machines.

Seems to be very problematic.

Any suggestions? Is there way to down rev?

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahh I spot the culprit, 9.3 is a definite NO NO.You will need to downgrade the Reader version and at max it works with Reader 9.0.

Chintan

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What's the exact version of Adobe Reader is it 9.0 or 9.0.1 ?

I have seen people having issues with Reader 9.0 but as per SAP documentation it is supported

Chintan