cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing type issue in returns invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

we have a returns sales order.The basic price has condition type ZPR1. The value of the same is 100 eur . the pricing date in return sales order is 20.1.10.

now a returns delivery is made on 20.1.10 but the PGI is done on 1.2.10. Now as per standard SAP, the PGI date is 1.2.10. Now when the returns invoice is made , the bill date is 1.2.10 since PGI is 1.2.10(standard sap). Further the pricing date in returns invoice is also 1.2.10 since as per standard SAP, the pricing date in billing is equal to billing date.

But the value of conditon type ZPR1 is 150 EUR. it has changed since the system is not picking up the value from the previous document i.e. 100 eur from returns sales order. The pricing type is X in copy control between LR delivery and RE invoice. Pricing type "X" is customised and it is defined as copy pricing elements unchanged(like pricing type G plus redetermine condition with cond categ U).

plus users are not able to change the pricing date in invoice too manually

further condition type ZPR1 has condition category as blank which means it shud not be redetermined to 150 eur from condition records at billing time.

OSS note 24832 has been used for pricing type X. the coding is done as mentioned in this note. i have written to SAP but they say it is a consulting issue and not an issue with standard program

my questions are as follows:

a) the pricing date in billing is equal to bill date as per standard sap.So in this case, since the billing date is 1.2.10 and so the pricing date is 1.2.10 in returns billing. My question is, since the pricing type is X(pricing elements unchanged like G +redetermined cond cat U),the pricing date in billing shud be the date in the sales order which is 20.1.10.... is this makes sense ?

how does it happen if one uses standard pricing type G(copy pricing elements unchanged), does the pricing date gets copied from sales order into billing or the pricing date is equal to bill date(copied from PGI) in billing but the conditon values are copied from sales order into invoice ?

b) if one thinks that issue is with our customised pricing type X, what inputs shud i give to programmers. what are the copy control tables and fields and structure they need to look into to see how things are behaving and in which user exit ?

regds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sapsd73 ,

I your requirement is to copy the prices unchanged from Return order to Returns credit memo, then make sure the folllowing settings are done in the item copy control between the Returns delivery and Returns credit memo

1) Pricing type as 'G' --- This setting would copy the prices from returns order unchanged

2) Price source as 'E' or 'Blank' (depends if you have any price conditions applied in Delivery document)

If the Price source is E, then the system will copy the price conditions unchanged, which were applied in Order and Delivery as well.If Price source is maintained as Blank,then the prices will be copied unchaged only from the returns order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vasudeva,

agreed but i have questions

1) when pricing type is G, the system copies the pricing from sales order (price source is blank)

no how abut pricing date. i mean in case of pricing type G, where is the pricing date is copied from.... is it from sales order or the pricing date =billing date=PGI date .................the standard way and condition valuesare copied from sales order)

I mean iam intersred in relation between pricing type G and pricing date source.

2) how can i influence pricing date caluclaion... where in copy control or eixt ?

regds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pricingd date will be equal to billing date.

If you want to copy from order, please check my earlier post and we need that code in the copy control routine at line item level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sai,

my question is if pricing type=G,then the condition values are copied from sales order.... in this case how abut pricing date..is it also copied from sales order in case of pricing type G. if yes then the pricing date can be different then bill date of the invoice

regds

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the copy control from delivery to Billing T . Code VTFL, for your combination of RE - LR, at the item level, in the routine for Data VBRK / VBRP, have code to copy the pricing date from order. and pricing type you can mainatin what ever you have now.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish. If you want the price that was determined on the date of the order why not just copy pricing uncganged as in rule 'G'. If you want to redetermine pricing at invoicing time using the order date, will it not just retrieve the same prices the order did based on effective dates. Anyways, on the condition type for your discount in transaction v/06, when navigating to the details of your discount condition you can configure the pricing date rule as 'E' (order date ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

1 )You see normally if i create sales order on 1.1.10 (example), the pricing date is 1.1.10 (exapmple current day) but I do the PGI on 1.2.10, then the billing date and pricing date in billing will be 1.2.10

I just need to know one thing. If Pricing type is G, then is the pricing date is copied from sales order or the pricing date is equal to billing date (in case of price type G...copy pricing unchanged)

2) can i influence pricing date calculation. If yes, where in data tarnfer routine in copy control at item level ??

regards