cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input parameters are not sent to a RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, I've got an issue with RFC's.

I have an RFC that search for customers in R3 which the input text is the name of the customer or part of it.

The bapi is working fine, cos i use it in XI, and in R3, but when i call it in VC, the input field is not been transmited (i've debugged it) so the output is not what i was looking for.

can anybody help me solve this issue?

thanks.

Roberto Solotun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This project was discarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using custom bapi or standard bapi? Whats your bapi name and what input you have given to the bapi?

The problem may be occur due to mismatch of input field. For example for input to the 'pernr' should be '0000001000' and not '1000'. It will work for '1000' in R/3 but in vc you should give full values like '0000001000'.

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basheer, I'm using a custom bapi. In your example you say that I must respect with the field's sintaxis to get the right return, but when I debug the bapi, the field does not have any input, no matter what I write or the sintaxis of what I write.

I respect the field's type but nothing I've tried worked.

At the same iView, I use another custom bapi that work just perfect.

Do you have any clue?

Greetings,

Roberto Solotun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

so in the RFC when you say the input is not getting transmitted , is it passing a blank value to R3? and you are receving garabage values back as output?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly, I type a text when testing the bapi in VC and that text is not been transmited, at debug time i get an empty field instead of the text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

one thing i would suggest , is to check if you have changed the import or table parameters. VC won't update with the new structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tks for replying GOEL, but I'm afraid it won't solve the issue because the table was not been updated in the past days and I've been tried to re import the RFC a few times.

Tks anyway but I'll still waiting for another suggestion.

Roberto Solotun