cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit button on Adobe Interactive form does not send data back to ABAP

0 Kudos

The integration of my ABAP View and Adobe works fine getting data into the form. The form is interactive and I am able to change the data. I am using ZCI and the XML Context. I display the FirstName attribute both on the ABAP View, and the Adobe Form. When I press the SUBMIT button the first time, it disables that button, but the ABAP View is not updated. I have an ONACTION event, but it doesn't get triggered at all.

Here are my specs:

Adobe Reader 8.1.1. Local

Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.01.3250.1.491864

NetWeaver 7.0 SP19

HR Support Pack 48 and Enhancement Pack 2

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (15)

Answers (15)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I m facing the same problem.

This is my system settings:

SAP_BASIS 700 0014 SAPKB70014 SAP Basis Component

ADS Version Information: 800.20070708051308.406522

This is the version in my ZCI form XML script:

// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - 820.20090409114549.542109.546052 - ContainerFoundation_JS

What should I do?

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi ABAP user80,

Upgrade to the newest available SAP NetWeaver SP (ABAP + JAVA stack!) and downgrade the ZCI script in your form (it's from a NW7.20 release!?). Downgrade: I'm not quite sure if SFP_ZCI_UPDATE checks the version of the ZCI script when replacing it. So, if the ZCI script isn't replaced by the correct one, delete it from the form and run SFP_ZCI_UPDATE again.

Ralf

0 Kudos

Hi,

Submit button in Adobe form is not working. I am unable to insert the Webdynpro script in the Adobe. It is showing an error as 'ERROR WHEN INSERTING WEBDYNPRO SCRIPT' in the layout of the form from Utilities-->insert the Webdynpro script. I have checked various blogs but wasn't able to find the right solution for it. I have got the 8.0 version of ALD on a netweaver version of 7.0 SP 15. My SAP GUI version is 7.2. I have checked the note

'Note 1121176 - Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.0 - Installation' for the installation of ALD 8.0 and these configurations are alright, but still I am facing this situation. Is there anything in development I am missing or is it configuration issue?   

My ADS version is 802.20090911061436.597944 and my ZCI version is 802.20090911061436.597944

I am using Citrix to login into my client system. Kindly help me with this. Facing this issue from a very long time.

Thanks and regards,

Manideep Settipalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing similar issue with previous button on the form. 

We have the below  versions:

Adobe livecycle 7.1

Adobe reader 8.1(Tried with 7.1 as well)

SAP:  For SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01( NoEHP installed)

ADS: 8.0 (800.20080828122620.490112)

IE 8.0 (Tried with IE 6.0 as well)

SAP Web AS 6.40 Java – NW701 SP6

SAP Web AS 6.40 ABAP – NW700 SP15

SAP HR - SAPKGPHD29

Thanks,

Priya

0 Kudos

Oops

Disregard that last post. I see it is a transaction

0 Kudos

Hi Liz

We are running SAP Netweaver 7.0 SP15. Program SFP_ZCI_UPDATE does not exist on our system???

0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am having the same problem in WD4A with an ADOBE form. I've looked at WDR_TEST_ADOBE and the input data (integer) is comming back so I assume ADS is correctly installed. It must have something to do with my interaactive form. Is there some script I must put behind the submit button to get it working? Please help, it seems there are many people out there experiencing the same problem. This is very frustrating.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pam,

I am also facing the same issue. Did you get the answer? If so could you please let me know how you have resolved it.

I am usingm the following versions:

Adobe livecycle 7.1

Adobe reader 8.1(Tried with 7.1 as well)

SAP: EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01

ADS: 8.0 (800.20080828122620.490112)

IE 8.0 (Tried with IE 6.0 as well)

Interactive form properties:

DiplayType: Native

Enabled: True

Form layout:ZCI

Interface: XML

Submit button used from Web Dynpro Native

I am able to poulate the data on the form and also able to update the same.

Actions taken:

Removed and installed ACF again.

Refresh the WebDynpro script (ZCI Script)

Any help will be appreciated.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been having the same problem. I gave up and I am using the button I defined on the view. I had it fire another event onPush(). The context is being updated with the populated data from the form which allows be to validate it as necessary. Using buttons on the view also gives you the flexibility to define multiple buttons. I will watch this thread to see if another solution is found, but in the meantime I will carry on using the button on the view.

Good Luck

0 Kudos

That's exactly what I have:

-

ALL.#subform[0].submitToSAP1::click: - (JavaScript, client) -

// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - 800.20070410093956.383622.376748 - SubmitToSAP.xfo

ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "submit", "", "", "", "");

// END OF DO NOT MODIFY

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you save the form and send it over to me if you do not mind? Details are in Business card.

Chintan

0 Kudos

I just sent it over to you

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please send the form and not the XML. Do a preview of the Adobe form inside your ALD and then save the PDF.

Chintan

Edit: Also can you confirm if you used XML based interface or DDIC based interface for your form?

0 Kudos

Yes. I am using the XML interface. I just sent you the PDF file.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well I checked the PDF in Designer and the bindings looks okay to me. You might want to place a messagebox in the click event as well print a message in your onSubmit event.

xfa.host.messageBox("Button clicked");
// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - 800.20070410093956.383622.376748 - SubmitToSAP.xfo
ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "submit", "", "", "", "");
// END OF DO NOT MODIFY

May be you can also share the onSubmit code here. Also I am assuming you have set the DataSource and pdfSource properties for the InteractiveFormUI element.

Chintan

0 Kudos

Chintan. I added the MsgBox on the onSubmit button and it tested fine. Before I press the button I am able to edit the form. When I press the button the MsgBox message gets displayed, and then the form becomes read-only. Unfortunately, the data does not get transferred back into the ABAP screen.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you checking this within the Designer itself i.e. in PDF preview?

0 Kudos

I don't think so, because I don't really know what you mean. In the examples I've seen, the data on the ABAP screens should get refreshed as soon as the data is changed on the form, and the Submit button is pressed. I don't have any additional code

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post the onSubmit code? Also are you checking the changes inside the Deisgner through PDF Preview Tab in SE80 or executing the WD Application and then checking the form.

0 Kudos

I'm not sure what you mean by "Posting the onSubmit code".

I'm executing the WD app.

It looks like I might be missing a key piece to the puzzle. If I only knew what it was. It's very difficult to get examples online. You've been the best help so far.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the Submit button is pressed what do you want to do?

In general when you press the Submit button from Adobe, control comes to onSubmit event in WD where you put your code to update the ECC through BAPI or do some validation etc.

I am not aware about ABAP but in WD JAVA a sample onSubmit would look as follows:-

1. In InteractiveFormUI element there will two events onCheck and onSubmit. For onSubmit create a new Action say SubmitData.

2. Now when you check the code it will be displayed as follows:-

public void onActionSubmitData(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent )
  {
    //@@begin onActionSubmitData(ServerEvent)
    //@@end
  }

3. Here you can add your code say for eg I have added as below:-

public void onActionSubmitData(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent )
  {
    //@@begin onActionSubmitData(ServerEvent)

String strFname = wdContext.currentContextElement().getFName();
    wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("Hello "+strFname);

//@@end
  }

4. Result expected. Whatever FName user has entered in the form it should display a success message with his fname.

0 Kudos

I have an OnSubmit event set up on the Adobe Form object in WD. I have the same event called from a testing button that I defined. WHen I press the testing button, the event method gets executed. WHen I press the Submit button from the Adobe form, it does not get executed at all. I even put a debug breakpoint on the first line. It gets triggered from the ABAP button, but not from the Adobe Form submit button.

0 Kudos

Any ideas ?

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One last thing before I give up, Is the control type of Submit button "Regular". Also please open a message with SAP to check if this is an issue with WD ABAP and IFbA.

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I assume the ZCI script included in the form (800.20070410093956.383622.376748 ) is too old (I guess it's from SP13 or14).

In general, I propose the following to analyze/fix these kind of problems (Web Dynpro ABAP only):

1. Check the tracefile (available from SAP NetWeaver 700 SP19): Add "&sap-wd-clientDebug=X" to the application URL and open the trace by typing <CTRL><ALT><SHIFT>T (see note 999998 too):

-> Watch for an entry "Got a message from Adobe Reader: zciReady 1: 2: 3:". If this line doesn't appear => ZCI script too old, go on with step 2

-> Watch for an entry "Got a message from Adobe Reader: zciVersion 1: 800....". That's the version of the ZCI script included in the form

-> Watch for entries containing "sendDataToServer" and "responseFromServer": If you can't find these entries, something went wrong transferring the form data to the ABAP server: Watch out for entries containing "Error", there might be a network problem.

2. Execute report FP_PDF_TEST_00 to find out the used ADS version: The corresponding ADS version of SP19 is 800.20090130093518.519793 or 800.20090608122643.560369 (look at the second part of the version string. It's a timestamp: The ZCI script included in the form is from April 2007, the ADS version of SP19 is from January/June 2009!

-> Update the ADS or patch the ADS (see notes 999998, 1229392 and 956074)

3. optional step: Have a look at note 999998, section "related notes" (this is the complete list of available notes for Web Dynpro ABAP Interactive Forms integration): Install all notes available for your release/SP - or even better: Update SAP NetWeaver (SAP_BASIS) to the latest available SP

4. Update the ZCI script of the form using transaction SFP_ZCI_UPDATE

5. Repeat step 1, I'm pretty sure that it will work now!

Regards,

Ralf

former_member906594
Participant
0 Kudos

did you solve this issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pam Laverty,

I am also facing similar problem.

The control is not returning back to the abap webdynpro once clicking on the submit button in the form.

Did your issue get resolved?? If yes can you help with the solution ??

May be i am missing a critical piece which is not getting the control back to the web dynpro.

I had also put the break-ponint in the first line of the event handler method.

Regards,

Sriram lal.

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This seems to be a problem that pops up frequently!

Unfortunately, nobody provides enough information to find out the reason of the problem: Please post

-> The SAP NetWeaver release information (System -> Status -> click on the icon with the magnifying glass: The "Release" and" Level" information of "Software Component" SAP_BASIS is the needed information)

-> The version of the Adobe Document Services (ADS) (transaction SE38 -> report "FP_PDF_TEST_00" -> F8 -> F8: Post the version information displayed in the popup

-> The version of the ZCI script (transaction SFP -> enter the name of your form -> [Display] -> Tab "Layout" -> Tab "Hierarchie" on the left side of LiveCycle Designer-> there's a tree: select "ContainerFoundation_JS" -> the ZCI script will be displayed in the script area: The version information is in the second line starting with "// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT"

-> Steps done before the problem appeared (something like: "... upgraded from 700SP18 to 701SP3...", "...applied SAP notes ... to the system...")

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

I've the same problem with Submit button.

Here is the version information.

Versions:

ADS Version - Version Information: 800.20080218110307.448744

SAP_BASIS 700 0018 SAPKB70018 SAP Basis Component

*ZCI Script Version - 800.20080227092304.450572.448744

// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - 800.20080227092304.450572.448744 - ContainerFoundation_JS

Could the ZCI script version a Problem?

I have an older version of ZCI script on a diff box (ADS version is higher) but the Adobe form submit is working on it.

Where can I get the latest ZCI script.

Thank you,

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sri,

You can update the ZCI script of the form using transaction SFP_ZCI_UPDATE.

Also have a look at note 999998, section "related notes" (this is the complete list of available notes for Web Dynpro ABAP Interactive Forms integration)

Hope that helps! Liz

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

This ADS version was released with SAP NetWeaver SP15 (Java stack). So it's possible that the problem is caused by the different SP versions on your ABAP/Java stack (SP18 <--> SP15). Upgrade your Java stack, or even better: Upgrade both stacks to the newest available SP!

Ralf

0 Kudos

I'm not sure what you're asking for, but this is what I have.

I have the Context set up in the View with the 2 fields defined as STRING. I'm binding through the DataSource Property of the InteractiveForm object. The 2 fields get transferred correctly into the Adobe form because I can see the values on the Adobe Form and the ABAP View.

When I click on the Submit button, the only thing that happens is that the Submit button gets disabled (I can't click it again). If I right-click outside the Adobe window it locks the mouse and keyboard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your form, click on your Submit button and check the script editor to see what code is defined in the "Click" event.

You need to have something like this:

// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - 800.20080925121058.495967.459668 - SubmitToSAP.xfo
// END OF DO NOT MODIFY

0 Kudos

Yes Chintan. Adobe Credentials are successfully installed. readOnly is set to FALSE and Enabled is set to TRUE

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide the binding of the TextField from ALD?

Chintan

0 Kudos

Thanks Otto. Now I understand. Yes, I do have an OnSubmit Action specifed in the OnSubmit event. I only have "dummy" code in that Action, however. I tried to debug that "dummy" line of code and when I press the Submit button on the Adobe Form, it never makes it to that Action.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well have you installed Adobe Credetials? Is readOnly and enabled property set to false and true respectively?

Chintan

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to the screen in SE80 where you´ve put the interactive form on your WD screen. There are properties, like the form name etc. Hope you can recognize what properties I mean. And in this table (of properties) like second from bottom there is attribute where you have to write in the name of your onSubmit method. This way you tell the WD what handler (method) he is supposed to call when the form Submit button is pressed.

Otto

0 Kudos

Insert the ZCI script, if it is already present, refresh it. Maybe you can update the ZCI script at all?

Are you sure you have used the right submit button?

Did you maintain the onSubmit setting in interactive form element in WD designer?

I inserted the ZCI script and refreshed it by inserting it again. I used the Submit button from WebDynproNative. I'm not sure what you mean by "Did you maintain the onSubmit setting in interactive form element in WD designer".

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Insert the ZCI script, if it is already present, refresh it. Maybe you can update the ZCI script at all?

Are you sure you have used the right submit button?

Did you maintain the onSubmit setting in interactive form element in WD designer?

Otto

0 Kudos

Yes. I bound the Context to data elements on the Adobe Form. They are getting displayed correctly, and I'm able to update them. I was not aware that I had to add code to the OnSubmit Action because the documentation (and video that I watched) did not say it was necessary. Do you have any examples of code that I could look at?

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you binded the WD context with the field on Adobe Form? Check the bindings inside ALD.

Also you need to write the code in onSubmit action handler.

Chintan