cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output generation using condition type for deliveries - emailing output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a specific output type using a condition type functionality. The output generates when delivery picking is complete. I need the output to be in email format. However I require the email to send to a specific address, distinct from the email address defined for the ship-to. Which is the best transmission medium to use? Is there any way an external email address can be defined within a condition record? Can an email address be used for the transmission type 7 Simple Mail?

Regards,

Gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

If you want to send an external e-mail use the medium 5. If you want to

send a mail with SAPoffice than you can not use an e-mail address.

Instead you should use the name of the user (partner who receives the

output).

The medium '7' means internal mail, It was designed for internal use

for that reason you can set up the execution parameters in order to

run directly the transaction.

Another solution could be to reate several partner roles, each partner

with one own email-adress; run output determination several times,

each time with different partner (and email-adress). Although this

increases the amount of master data that has to be maintained.

If you have acess to OSS notes, please refer to the following:

960088 FAQ: Sending SD messages externally

454893 CHECKLISTSD: Sales document output as an e-mail

152474 Testing fax and e-mail

I hope you find this information very helpful and hopefully it will solve your problem.

Regards,

Martina McElwain

SD - Forum Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your guidance, it solved my problem. I was wondering if you could clarify two final points:

When you are creating a new delivery output and you select the setting '3 send with application own transaction' which transaction is actually used.?

Can a contact person be maintained independent of a customer master record, and then be added to the business partners. For example a large number of customers share a specific contact person, I wish to set the contact person up independently and then add as required to partner functions of the relevant customer master.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use either 5 or 7 in the Medium of Tranmission in the condition records

For Delivery the Email Id will be picked from the SHIP TO Party and Mail will be sent

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not wish to use the ship to email address, I want to be able to enter an email address directly. The same email address should be used for each condition record.

Gary