Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Principal Propagation SOAP-PI-RFC not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have designed on PI 7.0 SP16 a SOAP->PI->RFC scenario enabling the call of

RFC_READ_TABLE (from ECC) through a webservice. For tests purpose, I have deployed WSDL file on IIS server and I call it from SAP Web Services Navigator. Tests are OK if we do not activate principal propagation on sender and receiver agreements.

But we need to activate it in order to manage authorizations for people calling the webservice.

So, I have followed all the required steps described in OSS note 974873.

In addition, on PI Java Visual Administrator, I added CreateAssertionTicketLoginModule to com.sap.aii.af.soapadapter*XISOAPAdapter (Service u2018Security Provideru2019 -> runtime -> policy configurations ) in order to create an assertion ticket when SOAP adapter is called.

When calling the webservice, the response contains : "Received HTTP response code 401 : Unauthorized". In RWB I can see that the communication channel is in error, not even displaying the content of the message.

The security.log file contains : u201CAttempting to create outgoing ssl connection without trusted certificatesu201D

My test user (and PIAFUSER) has SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER role, are not locked and PI Caches have been cleared.

In addition, I have not set SSO in PI, thinking it is not a prerequisite to principal propagation.

Does anyone could help me ?

Thanks for your help,

Philippe

Edited by: IBM France CONSEIL on Feb 19, 2010 9:48 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This point has been solved by re-generating the java certificat. The reason of the issue was that this certificat had been generated before changing the virtual client number of Java stack.

Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phillippe,

Were you able to flow your user thru the entire process?

Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

what I understand from the comments is that I have to use SAML, but this is coming with PI 7.1 and I am working on PI 7.0.

However, when I read the beginning of this thread [] it proves it can work without SAML, isn't it ?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the comments in this blog:

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2007/01/16/principal-propagation-in-sap-xi