cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3 test, development and production MUST reimport RFC model ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

Common situation:

if I have 3 different environments and a different R3 for each one, one for development, one for testing and another for production:

I have to reimport the RFC model each time the app pass to the next level? Can I change the login data (Single Server RFC Model) without reimporting?

I search, all over the project, the file where is the connection data but nothing I found, so I think that the sap system, user, psw, client, etc is not persist in the project because them are use only at the model's creation moment, previously connections are make just with the configuration of the JCO, their name is use at some configuration files, so if I just change the JCO destination (make it point at the next R3) but kept the same name my application would be just fine, it's a maintenance problem and not a development problem. Am I wrong?.

Thanks a lot for the time on this thread.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think for your project it is best to replace models and then use SAP Enterprise connector, where in you can choose the R/3 at runtime. For details search in the Netweaver Studio Help.

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answered Mahesh!.

The difference between Adaptive RFC Model and SAP Enterprise connector is:

SAP Enterprise connector: you are responsible for connection pool management

Adaptive RFC Model: connections are managed by framework

So as the app will be use for a lot of users I think that Adaptive RFC Model is best as is all managed by framework.

Don't you think? Do you develop with SAP Enterprise Connector?

Thanks a lot!.