cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPHOSTEXEC Not starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our PI system (Netweaver 7.1), we were trying to update the SAPOSCOL by implementing lates SAPHOSTAGENT. After uncaring and installing, SAPHOSTECEC service went down. It could not be started manually. Because of this SAPOSCOL is also down. When we try to start SAPHOSTECEC, we get the following message and could not be started.

The SAPHostExec service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the performance Logs and Alerts service.

Could anyone suggest a solution for this issue.

Thansk & Regards,

Sundara.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After reinstalling saphostexec it is up now. But still SAPOSCOL is not up. It is giving the error message "shared memory not available". When we kill and start it again it is giving a message PID not found. Could anyone help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sundara.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundara,

have you sort out this issue ? It looks that SAPHostAgent replaces saposcol (see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/8765e3dd0e12d0e10000000a422035/content.htm).

you should be able to configure your 7.1 system with this SAPHOSTAGENT.

I have another problem related to this. I only have Netweaver 2004 with kernel 6.4 on Windows which doesn't support it. On another UX host I have Solution Manager 7.01 and we are implementing SMDiagnostics so installing SMD Agents accross the landscape. With SAP recommendation to use latest release of SMD Agent 7.11 which should be backward compatible we installed it on the satelite system with NW04. -> it brought also SAPHOSTAGENT and disabled possibility to start saposcol.

Hence I would like to know your conclusion to your issue to see if they can run simultaneously or we have to revert to saposcol.

thanks

Best regards,

Ludo

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Please check the System Event Log to get the info about possible reasons.

I hope you have followed correct up-gradation steps for the same.

Ensure that Correct Use account / "local system account" is used for the service ?

Also ensure that the SAPHostExec service is starting with correct executable path.

Sometime Restarting windows system may resolve the issue.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You must review your logs at /usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/log, in this location you will fine interesting information in trace files , it could help to see waht's happening.

Regards